MP Hangs or Freezes while playing music (1 Viewer)

loutheo

Portal Pro
May 9, 2010
Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

For sometime now I have been having fairly consistent issues while listening to music. What happens is that randomly MP will either freeze or hang. When it hangs it will do so for about 5 to 10 minutes and sometimes when it hangs it will play roughly 5 seconds of music on loop. When it freezes and does not resume after 5 - 10 minutes I need to shutdown the computer manually.

I am using the latest catalyst and SAF6.0 drivers and codecs. The problem has been present for variety of different driver and codec versions however.

The last time that it froze and needed to be restarted manually I exported my logs after the system reset itself, Ill attach this .zip as hopefully it will have something helpful in there.

I think I will try some older catalyst drivers to see if that helps but I would appreciate any advice also.

I have had some random freezes while watching TV however these do not seem to occur very often and could be completely unrelated. Music freezes at least every second day or so.

I have also attached a second set of logs...this was created when I ran MP in debug mode with the default skin and without any plugins. The system did hang during this time for a minute or so, however it was only while scrolling through my music, not while I actually was playing it, so I am not sure if it is the same issue.

I am currently using the Streamed MP skin however I have the same issue while using Avalon also.

Again, any advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Lou

MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1
MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP
Windows Version: Windows 7 64Bit
CPU Type: Intel
HDD: 500gb Seagate 7200
Memory: 4GB DDR3
Motherboard: GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
Video Card: ATI 6450
Video Card Driver: 11.10
Sound Card: Realtek Onboard