MP hangs when choosing a live programme in guide (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

me_sjo

Portal Member
April 12, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi me_sjo

This is a known deadlock issue with the TsWriter/EPG grabber. Try disabling grabbing on "Remote Control Look Up App".

mm

Thanks, where would I find that option? I can't see anything like that in tv server config > dvb epg

I have the following options enabled: "Always try to fill holes", "Always try to update existing entries", "epg grabbing whilst timeshifting/recording" and "epg grabbing when idle".

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Expand the DVB EPG section (on the left), select "TV Epg grabber" (or radio), tick "store data only for selected channels", and then tick all channels *except* that channel.

[Edit: note that channels on the same transponder may need to be unticked - ignore this for the moment and we'll go by process of elimination to find the problem channels]

me_sjo

Portal Member
    April 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Expand the DVB EPG section (on the left), select "TV Epg grabber" (or radio), tick "store data only for selected channels", and then tick all channels *except* that channel.

[Edit: note that channels on the same transponder may need to be unticked - ignore this for the moment and we'll go by process of elimination to find the problem channels]

Thanks. It wasn't listed in the TV one, but was under Radio. I've disabled it and restarted the tv server service and i'll see how it goes.

me_sjo

Portal Member
    April 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Unfortunately that doesn't seem to have fixed it. Attached are some more logs.

I've been watching live TV most of the day. About half an hour ago I stopped live TV and went out. Just came back in and selected a channel from the guide and MP hung again.

edit: and to add, attempting to restart the tvserver service does not happen in a timely fashion; only a reboot cures the issue.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

I've been watching live TV most of the day. About half an hour ago I stopped live TV and went out. Just came back in and selected a channel from the guide and MP hung again.
    Same issue, different channel. "EPG Background Audio" (also a radio channel I think). This could be a problem because I think the EPG Background audio channel transponder carries the Freeview/Freesat EPG. Regardless, please try disabling it and see if it resolves the issue.

edit: and to add, attempting to restart the tvserver service does not happen in a timely fashion; only a reboot cures the issue.
    This is because once it happens, the TsWriter process is unkillable.

mm

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom