MP Hangs when Powerscheduler trying to suspend, new in CVS (1 Viewer)

htpcoz

Portal Pro
July 25, 2005
Brisbane
Home Country
The code was changed in a CVS release since 0.2.

Previously the only code that called Recorder.Stopviewing was the powerscheduler code. Since then code has been added into the main MP source that monitors widnows power events, and if it gets a suspend notification that new code calls Recorder.Stopviewing.

I think two calls to that function result in the lockup, so I've just unchecked the "disable tv cards" checkbox, as that now appears to be superfluous, the main MP code now does that by default.

Since unchecking that all has been fine.

Probably should look at removing the checkbox from the powerscheduler, as it's no longer needed.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    heheh, this explains why I am having different issues with MP now...

I use Compro cards and as they use the PCI stand by power rail you have to disable "turn off TV cards" or they don't turn back on (as they always have power). In the last few CVS's when mp resumes from sleep I just get a blank screen. I guess the Disable TV card option is enforced regardless of the option inPower Scheduler...

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    I resolved this by simply activating the "Force shutdown" option in the PowerScheduler settings. Don't know what this means, but the PC now hibernates correctly (so not really a forced shutdown here).

Yeah, I think the PowerScheduler settings could need some attention in the next release :)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Yep, forced shutdown worked for me too.
    I was going to test it a little before I posted here, but i guess a second opinion is just as good ;-)

Funny, before the changes forced shutdown caused problems on my system. I guess CVS is all about adapting...

glurp

Portal Member
    January 14, 2006
    hello,

I try the latest CVS (with MP RC2) and powerscheduler is still not working very well. When i check "force shutdown" speedfan become crazy.
    I try to uncheck "disable tv card before shutdown" but MP suspend even if record is in action.

MP is now very usefull and stable. It's my first post, so i want to congratulate all the devellopers for their excellent work.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom