MP Hangs when selecting a channel (1 Viewer)

jim3rg

December 2, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have MP 1.2.3 and a TBS 6922 Satelite card running on windows 7 64 bit HTPC.

I installed it as per the tutorial and it picked up channels ok, I got rid of the ones that were not needed. I ended up with all of my desired channels and after double checking everything I exited the tv config and started Mediaportal. The EPG shows the channels correctly and grabs the correct info for each channel, However when I select a channel to watch MediaPortal hangs and does nothing. I have to press the windows key to get to the task bar and close mediaportal from there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jim

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have MP 1.2.3 and a TBS 6922 Satelite card running on windows 7 64 bit HTPC.

I installed it as per the tutorial and it picked up channels ok, I got rid of the ones that were not needed. I ended up with all of my desired channels and after double checking everything I exited the tv config and started Mediaportal. The EPG shows the channels correctly and grabs the correct info for each channel, However when I select a channel to watch MediaPortal hangs and does nothing. I have to press the windows key to get to the task bar and close mediaportal from there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Jim

Have you disabled IPv6?
    Otherwise it could be that the channel start could take 20-30 secs. Have you waited that long or killed MP immediately?
    Thanks!

jim3rg

December 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello Holzi
    Thanks for your reply and sorry for the late reply I have just gotten back from a training course.

I checked and the IPV6 was indeed unchecked. When I started up MP this time I got a no signal error. I then checked the cable connection into the card and the cable came away in my hand. 5 Minutes later after a cable snip and fresh connection of the f connector and all is well. The grabber is working ok, not perfectly I admit but good enough for now, I checked the recording and timed record and all work ok.

Thanks for your advice though.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom