MP - Itunes ? (1 Viewer)

MPCFreak

March 10, 2009
Hi everyone,

Maybe this has been asked/requested before but I can't seem to find any clear answers so here it goes...

I am sure many of us have spent numerous hours organizing our ITUNES library/database, even though it's not the best GUI to work with, we have our Ipods and/or Iphones synced up to it. (for me, it's all of those) So instead of creating another database (in MP) and maintaining it at 2 locations, is it possible to create a plugin in MP that can access the Itunes' library/db and MP can act as the frontend so we can:

-access all of our songs, playlists, from Itune?
-search capability similar to Itune
-bonus: access ratings, smartlist, AND better access the Itune library/DB over the network (Itune installed on a different machine)

MP's developers, you guys are awesome...love the product. Keep up the great work.
:D

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    sure it is possible, but we won't do it.
    At least not me.

Having an iPhone myself, i'm using Winamp to manage music on it, since i don't like iTunes at all.
    For my Music Collection i have a 90MB XML file as iTunes database, which is totally stupid and unmangeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I didn’t know this, however as they hadn’t announced anything new for a while I should have guessed. Sad though. I’ve had a harmony remote for about 15years. Now I’m using the elite with hub and it’s amazing. hopefully they stick to their word and keep up support.
    I didn’t know this, however as they hadn’t announced anything new for a while I should have guessed. Sad though. I’ve had a harmony...
    As announced on the Logitech forums: Announcement: Harmony Remote Manufacturing, Service and Support Update Hello folks, We have...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.2 MediaPortal 2.3.2 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.2 MediaPortal 2.3.2 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.2 MediaPortal 2.3.2 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    Just for your information: couldn't find the ns*.tmp file...
    Just for your information: couldn't find the ns*.tmp file...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom