MP lost connection to TV server/recordings-singleseat (1 Viewer)

2thor

Portal Pro
November 1, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
After my system crashed (think caused no space left on C-drive) I am not able to access my recordings and TV.
When trying to access my recordings I am asked to enter IP address or host name. Current configuration seems to be named right.
Did try reinstall the "package-tvengine" but with no result.

Any ideas what happened and how to solve this?

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have had this happen before and switching from host name to IP or IP to host name fixed it. couldn't tell you why but it worked for me.

2thor

Portal Pro
November 1, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
TLD
Thanks for your advice!
Did try change the name from host to IP ( IPv4 Address of the setup pc) and it didn't solve the issue and changing back to host didn't as well.

But at least can watch TV using the server config prewiev :)

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi 2thor

Check the gentle.config DefaultProvider section for the client. You may need to copy the gentle.config file from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal. Note both of those are hidden folders, so copy and paste paths into the Windows Explorer address bar to get there. The path on XP is different too: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\...

mm

2thor

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi mm!

Great thanks! Copy/pasting the gentle.config did solve the problem :)!
    Had same issue think around a year ago, and ended up reinstalling all, so nice to know this if it should happen again! Thanks!
    /thor

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    one comment, if you use your windows "C drive" for recordings you should set a "Recording > disk quota" with maybe 25000 MB (25 GB) so you don't fill up your C drive. Not sure what happens if windows runs out of space on the C drive.

2thor

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi RonD
    Thanks for your comment. Yes at the moment C drive is used for recordings and I am aware of the disk quota settings, but in this case the filled disk was caused by too much downloading using onlinevideos plugin :)!

matis1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2005
    Austria /Europe
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Beats me, i had that exact same problem with 1.2.3 a week ago and could only solve it by reinstalling everything... what a waste of time here...:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom