MP lost TV Server connetion - only restart system helps :-( (1 Viewer)

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1
MediaPortal Skin: default wide
Windows Version: win7 sp1
Memory: 4gb
Motherboard: asus at3ion
Video Card: onboard
Video Card Driver: nvidia
Sound Card: onboard
1. TV Card: technotrend usb ttconnect s-2 3600
2. TV Card: technotrend usb ttconnect s-2 3600
Satelite/CableTV Provider: astra 19,2
Cooling: none ;-)

Since a few days I got some troubles with MP :-( when I watching TV, MP lost the TVServer connetion very often and then the whole system freezes :-( the only way to fix this is a retart, but a few minutes / hours later the same occurs again.

If attached the mp and tve log after the last restart.

Could you tell me where is the problem and how I can fix this?

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
    274.5 KB
  • TV Server.zip
    37 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi fredflintstone

I think there is something going on in your TV Server database. There is only meant to be one record in the "server" table but it looks like you have two records. Please use MySQL Workbench or similar to remove one of those entries, otherwise you would need to do a full reinstall (delete and recreate the database) of TV Server.

mm

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004
    Hi mm1352000,

no there's only one server and only one ip in the db (sceenshot of the table is attached). I try at first Marcels tip with the loopback adapter and have a look if it crashed again.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
      Unbenannt.png
      224 KB

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004
    Okay the loopback adapter does also not work because of my setup :-(

I have a single/multiseat setup and I also use my homeserver as router via virtual wifi.

The homeserver has a virtual wifi adapter with the ip 192.168.137.1. If I use the loopback adapter, the client on the server worked well, but I can not connect from my clients. I try to change the ip of the loopback adapter to 192.168.137.2 and use the virtual wifi as nameserver, but this did also not work. :-(

I think I need something like a "wifi loockback adapter" :-( this should at first connect to the virtual wifi and then I could maybe connect this from my clients, but there is not such a possibillity :-(

The lookback adapter is also recognised as "external network" maybe this could also be the problem, but I can not set this as "home network".

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again fredflintstone

Okay the loopback adapter does also not work because of my setup :-(

I have a single/multiseat setup and I also use my homeserver as router via virtual wifi.
    Yes, the loopback adapter can't be used for multi-seat setups.

no there's only one server and only one ip in the db (sceenshot of the table is attached).
    Well that is strange! In the logs I clearly see:

2011-12-27 18:40:30.468400 [TVService(6)]: Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.

:confused:

In any case: is it possible that the wireless connection is the problem - could the connection be dropping out? MP requires a connected network to function reliably, *even on a singleseat setup*. If the network connection ever drops out then there will be problems.

mm

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004
    Okay, it seems it's would be a incorrect setting of my apache at home :-(

I do the following steps:

1. de-install my wlan card and drivers
    2. delete all reg-entries of the virtual wifi and the wlan card
    3. restart
    4. stop apache service
    5. delete a none used virtual host entry in apache config
    6. re-configure ampdroid port-forwarding in my apache and re-configure my apache proxy
    7. restart apache

Now it works since 5 1/2 hours without break-downs.

I remember me that the problem occured since I've de-installed a webcam software which runs on port 8080 and was forwarded via apache proxy to port 80. After deleting the virtual host for the not existing cam software it seems it was solved. I can not say if the problem was an apache error, or an incorrect setup of the ms virtual wifi, sorry for that!

The tv-server seems now to work with the default setting (auto-ip) without problems and over the virtual wifi adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom