mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    GENERAL INFORMATION
    This application is intended to resize the video cover thumbs that is used by MediaPortals my video plugin.
    Do you as well as i think the size/quality of the thumbs that is generated when download IMDB is to low. Maybee this
    tool could be of som intrest.
    All you need is to specify where youre video cover directory is located and the application will replace you current thumbs
    with new ones with you specifications. The sources is the large cover that is manly used by MP for preview covers.

INSTALL GUIDE
    **************************************************************************************************
    BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING YOU REALY SHOULD BACKUP YOURE VIDEO COVER FOLDER, OR EVEN BETTER YOU WHOLE MEDIA PORTAL DIRECTORY
    **************************************************************************************************
    - Start the application from the release folder. There are no need for special install for the aplication it self.
    - Press the Browse button and specify the location of the Video cover directory. In most cases it
    is C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Videos\Title\
    - Press OK.
    - Now you need to select the specifications you want youre new thumbs to have. You can choose procent of the orginal
    size of the source image or you can set a fixed size. Remeber that if you choose to make the images too large, browsing in
    my videos can feel laggy. I think in most cases 80% should work fine.
    - Press "Resize Covers" button.
    - You should now see that progress on the progressbar. Keep in mind that if you resize to a large images and/or you have a
    lot of images, the progress can take several minutes.

If you experice that my videos is to laggy, repeat the process and choose a smaller images.

CHANGELOG
    v 0.1
    - Initial release

DOWNLOAD

Flam

Portal Member
    June 5, 2007
    Just tried out this Plugin and it works great. Thanks man!

The last 4 days I was asking myself why the covers look that bad and with this it's all perfect. It looks especially nice with your SpinSafe Revolve Skin in the Big Icon view!

Keep up the good work!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I would suggest a command line version as well ;)

That way you can run it as a NT schedule in the background as often as you like.

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Its realy great, someone more that me find this to be a good tool.

I would suggest a command line version as well ;)

That way you can run it as a NT schedule in the background as often as you like.
    Not a bad idea... will see if i can make it work. Tanks.

EDIT: Hopefully MPs internal thumb maker will create bigger thumbs in the future.

Avigrace

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    I just tried this tool and I have a query. So it takes the L version and then resaves it based on what percentage you give it, how come then if I select 100% the new thumb file is 10x bigger than the L version? They both seem to be the same quality which is good but why the difference in size?

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I just tried this tool and I have a query. So it takes the L version and then resaves it based on what percentage you give it, how come then if I select 100% the new thumb file is 10x bigger than the L version? They both seem to be the same quality which is good but why the difference in size?
    I infect the cover files with a virus !....just kidding :D
    Unfortunaly it creates the new covers in a bigger color dept, 32 bits insted of 24. I dont realy know how to fix this.

Kenny_mp

Portal Member
    January 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Mirk, i just tested your application and works great... looks a lot lot better now... thanks for this :D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Here is a little vbscript file you can just run as a NT Schedule or double click on it to make copies of the Large files and replace the exist low res ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom