MP not deleting TV recording on a NAS (1 Viewer)

wawa79

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Niort
Home Country
France France
Country flag
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
I already posted the issue in MP1>Television subforum.
Folder for TV Recordings targets a NAS share (eg \\MYNAS\MyShare). Under certain conditions, deleting a recording in MP result in deletion of the entry in the database but no deletion of the file on the NAS share.
I run TVService with same user account as logged user. I can delete the recording on the share from Windows Explorer and MP cannot...
MP requires full access to the folder and read/write access are not sufficient. I suspect all file management (pictures, music) to behave the same way. The problem is that some NAS servers never report full access on shares but only Read/Write.
I found a "workaround": when the user is the owner of the share then MP is able to delete files on the NAS...
But this is not really handy: I had to reformat my NAS from the MP host using the user account used by MP (tested both on my DLink DNS315 and DNS320).
Connecting MP to a NAS requires reformating the NAS: not really convenient, isn't it?

#mce_temp_url#

Steps to Reproduce:
Set TV recording folder to a share from a NAS that was not installed from the computer hosting MP. Record a program, delete the program: ho, ho, the .ts file is not deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, I've found out what it was :) People's advice to run the tvservice as the normal user was correct, but it turns out that Windows won't run a service as a user with no password. It doesn't complain when you set the user in the service properties, but fails with a login error when it tries to start the service. Adding a password...
Well, I've found out what it was :) People's advice to run the tvservice as the normal user was correct, but it turns out that...
I've moved a load of my old recordings onto a NAS to clear space on my internal drive. I've pointed the recording directory of an...
Replies
Views
I have upgraded to MP2 from MP1 and all works except that when I record TV shows, they record fine on the NAS share but they don't show up in 'Recordings' unless I manually reimport. Also I cant delete watched recordings using MP2 - it doesn't give any errors, just doesn't delete the recording. Its strange because it seems all the...
I have upgraded to MP2 from MP1 and all works except that when I record TV shows, they record fine on the NAS share but they don't...
I have upgraded to MP2 from MP1 and all works except that when I record TV shows, they record fine on the NAS share but they don't...
Replies
Views
Hi, My NAS is new and is setup to exclude SMB1 protocol, minimum protocol is set to SMB2. Other testing results: MP2 had no issues playing music files from the NAS. I mapped the NAS video share using same credentials I defined in MP2. Video apps Film & TV and VLC Media Play had no issues playing the NAS video files. I added to MP2...
Hi, My NAS is new and is setup to exclude SMB1 protocol, minimum protocol is set to SMB2. Other testing results: MP2 had no...
Description: Built a new Standalone system based on Intel NUC10i7 box, Windows 10 Pro with a NAS for storing my videos and music...
Replies
Views
Have you checked if any anti-virus program could have locked the file so it can't be deleted?
Have you checked if any anti-virus program could have locked the file so it can't be deleted?
Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
Replies
Views
Where hardcoded? Yes this code work when you watch movie and playTimePercentage < _watchedPercentage, And if playTimePercentage < _watchedPercentage we only update playTimePercentage in movie, and dont touch watched flag ... IMHO its work, and work fine ...
Where hardcoded? Yes this code work when you watch movie and playTimePercentage < _watchedPercentage, And if playTimePercentage <...
I believe that the design for VideoDatabaseV5 originated in the Kodi design for a similar database. Somewhere down the line the MP...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom