MP not detecting my tuners (1 Viewer)

dmeglio

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a VistaView Saber2020. Everything was working fine. MP detected it, all was good. I've recently updated the firmware/driver of this card, and suddenly, MP is telling me I do not have any tuners installed. Any ideas how I should proceed?

dmeglio

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Home Country
So does the lack of responses indicate that there isnothing I can do to find out why MP won't detect my card?

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
You could go back to the driver you used before when it worked. Or are there some bugs/issues with this driver?

kiesow

Portal Pro
March 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
The lack of response means: you have to fill out the support template or no one can help you.
We don't know which windows you are using (xp, vista, 32bit, 64bit), we don't know which version of mediaportal, we don't know built-in tv or tv server and so on ...

dmeglio

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Home Country
TV-Server Version: Built-in TV Plugin
MediaPortal Version: 2.3.0RC1
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo-Wide
Windows Version: Vista 32bit Ultimate
CPU Type: Athlon 64
HDD: 320GB
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Nvidia
Video Card Driver: 163.0
Sound Card: Internal
1. TV Card: VistaView Saber2020
1. TV Card Type: PCIe NTSC, dual tuner
1. TV Card Driver: 1037.0.1
MPEG2 Video Codec: Vista Default Codec
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Vista Default Codec
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Blue Ridge
TV: HD Compatible set
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

As for downgrading my driver, I'm not sure how to downgrade my firmware. I have an email in to VistaView, hopefully they can help. Actually though now that I think of it, I updated my driver *before* updating to 2.3.0RC1. So I guess it could be either RC1 or the new driver/firmware. Is there any debugging info I can get to help find out why? Should I test in MCE or something like that? If it works in MCE it should work in 2.3.0 right?

dmeglio

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Home Country
I've now tested the tuner in VLC. Works fine at picking up the video stream. It detects it as a BDA device. Does anyone out there know anything I can do to diagnose this?

kiesow

Portal Pro
March 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Can you try TV server 3? It's much more up-to-date and should support more TV cards, so maybe your new firmware as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom