MP not responding after opening Music Plugin (1 Viewer)

bullrin

Portal Pro
July 28, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

my Media Portal is crashing when i choose Music from my Home Menu. I have no glue why this happens, while it was working all the past. I see only the Skin background after choosing music. In Windows Task manager is media portal as non responsive.

Have you any ideas by checking my Logs?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @bullrin
    Could you please provide debug logs (set log verbosity to debug in configuration) and collect them with MP Watchdog/Option 1?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    any Ideas?
    Not at the moment :confused:. There are a lot of errors in your logfiles, but not music related IIRC. Could you please try to start MP with Watchdog/Option1 (without any 3rd party plugin enabled) antry again?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, i can't find any music related error. Could you please first try to fix the TV-Server related errors? ->
    Code:
    [2015-07-26 20:21:54,193] [Log    ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Failed to create timeshifting folder or clean up old timeshift files!
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades "D:\Timeshift" konnte nicht gefunden werden.
       bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       bei System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
       bei System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
       bei System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
       bei TvService.TVController.OnDeviceAdded(ITVCard device)

Code:
    [2015-07-29 17:45:05,336] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - PS: Cannot connect to local tvservice to load settings

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And more...

[INFO ] - MiniDisplay.DoStart: Exception while starting plugin: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Program Files\Common Files\FutabaMDM166AFont\" wurde verweigert.
    MediaPortal has not sufficient privileges to access the Futaba files. Check the security settings of this and any other related. folder. This should also remove dozens of other MiniDisplay-related errors.

MePo hangs at 17:47, however, there is not enough information to nail down the problem. It might be easier to just reinstall - your TV database will be maintained. All other settings can (and should) be restored manually. This should not take you more than five minutes. If you chose to reinstall, I suggest that you rename the complete Team MediaPortal directory in C:\ProgramData (stop TVService first). This will give you the possibility to easily restore databases if something goes badly wrong. You should also start the installer explicitly with admin rights.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MePo hangs at 17:47, however, there is not enough information to nail down the problem. It might be easier to just reinstall
    It's impressive, your windows 7 runs since 02/2011 (eventlog). Maybe now is the right time to upgrade to Win 10!

bullrin

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Never change a running system :whistle:

Could someone please copy the music section of the MediaPortal.xml?

Mine is this
    <section name="music">
    <entry name="playlists">D:\Musik</entry>
    <entry name="default">
    </entry>
    <entry name="rememberlastfolder">no</entry>
    <entry name="AddOpticalDiskDrives">no</entry>
    <entry name="SwitchRemovableDrives">yes</entry>
    <entry name="extensions">.ape,.b4s,.cda,.flac,.m3u,.m4a,.m4p,.mp3,.mp4,.mpc,.ogg,.pls,.wav,.wma,.wpl,.wv</entry>
    <entry name="startWindow">501</entry>
    <entry name="startview">132</entry>
    <entry name="playnowjumpto">none</entry>
    <entry name="sharename0">Lokale Musik</entry>
    <entry name="sharepath0">C:\Users\hugo33\Music</entry>
    <entry name="pincode0">
    </entry>
    <entry name="sharetype0">no</entry>
    <entry name="shareserver0">127.0.0.1</entry>
    <entry name="sharelogin0">
    </entry>
    <entry name="sharepassword0">