MP not starting, help needed to get config. (1 Viewer)

ejtje

Portal Pro
November 29, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello all,

After a problem with my antivirus software my HTPC crashed, but now MP won't start anymore. Every time if I start MP or MP Configuration a Windows message pops up telling me that the application has stopt working. And as usual windows can't give a reason or a fix to the problem.
I have no idea what is wrong but I think in need to do a un-installation of MP and than a clean installation.

That's something I can do my self, but before I will start I need some info from.

Questions:
- Is it possible to get MP config file if de application MediaPortal Configuration isn't starting anymore?
- Is it possible to get de watched flags from Movie's out of the file folders some how.
- Is it possible to get de watched flags from TV series pluggin out of the file folders some how, Pluggin can't be started because I can't op MP configuration.

Lucky for me my configuration isn't that complex so fixing it will be not a issue but, it would be very nice to have the watched flags out of my current installation.

If you have some tips regarding backup method's I will be happy to receive them. Maybe then I could prevent losing al my MP data. So how do you handle making backups of the configuration database etc.

ejtje

Portal Pro
November 29, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
No body any idea's?

I have tried a MediaPortal repair, but no luck there. No body knows how to get the info from the database and get it in a clean install?

I planning a reinstall together with placing a SSD to speedup boot time.

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom