MP plugin for Video Transcoding (1 Viewer)

fabriceD06

Portal Pro
January 28, 2007
Nice
Home Country
France France
Hello,

I post this message for people interesting by the video compression in MP.

!!! UPDATE 30/01/2008 !!! new version 1.0.3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,

To download the version, please read the new installation procedure because i renamed the plugin and you need to remove the previous version ;) .

I fixed lot of bug of previous version and add TVE3 support !

If you have any problem (bug) please report it in this forum, before to report error please increase the log level of MP or tv server to DEBUG abd post the log file.

1.0.3 Changelog:

* change the bitrate generation with FFMPEG encoder
* fix all Skins to display correctly the enconding statisticals
* Fix 'settings' window to allow tomodify hour of scheduler and nb of jobs
* Fix PSP profile
* Fix ipod/iphone profile
* Fix cleanup function onc eencoding jos has finished (not delete (xml, txt files)

1.0.2 Changelog:

• Fix bug to encode My Video record when the TVE3 support is enabled
  • Automatic replacement of Compress of MP Build in by the VideoConvertor UI in menu TV recorded
  • Improve the option "delete original", in each profile you can specify different cleanup policy (see in Setup UI)
  • Fix scheduler for the tv records added automatically when the option "delete orginal" is disabled (avoid to re-encode again the same file)
  • Fix statistics output (avg time & max time)
  • update the mencoder and ffmpeg parameters automatically generated (improve the encoding quality)
  • Binaries upgrade (fix some problem with mencoder)
  • Update all default profiles
  • Fix binaries synchornization between MP and TVE3
  • add crops and threads settings for Mencoder (common settings between FFMPEG and Mencoder)
  • Fix some UI issues for XFace Skin
  • add support for SpinSafe Revolve and Replicant Skin
  • Fix some UI issues for 4:3 Skin

download (update VideoConvertor Core and for TVE3 update also videoConvertor TVE3 Client and Server)

I wait your feeback ,:D

Enjoy

Fabrice

----------------------------------------------------------------------

sbp

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Auning
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Thank you, this is one thing that I have been missing for quite some time (Using all kind of external programs , dirmon and bat files).

I will give it a try.
Steen

Noelix

Portal Pro
February 18, 2006
Salt Lake City, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
After installing this on top of the latest SVN, Configuration won't launch. I get a windows error message which wants me to send the report to M$.

fabriceD06

Portal Pro
January 28, 2007
Nice
Home Country
France France
Hello Noelix,

Sorry the patch is only for the version released 2.2.0.

here the patch for the svn version tag 12777 download

It is difficult actually to follow the svn version because it will necessary to deliver one patch per release.

I can deliver the patch for svn on demand.

Bye
Fab

Noelix

Portal Pro
February 18, 2006
Salt Lake City, UT
Home Country
Ah I got you now. Thanks so much for making a build! It's actually SVN tag 12771 (so people don't get it confused - there is no 12777). I'm checking it out now.

EDIT: mencoder crashed on that build. From this point forward I'm going to test with the 2.2.0 release version of MediaPortal so we're all on the same page.

EDIT: Ok I tested with MP 2.2.0 and using the 2.2.0 version patch. I replaced config.txt with mencoder.xvid.config.txt, and tested that. Mencoder crashes. Below is a link to the mediaportal.log file:
http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/11925

EDIT: I tested with MP 2.2.0 with the corresponding transcoding patch. I used the default config.txt (uses ffmpeg), and it leaves a blank command prompt window up on screen. The log file throws up error flags as well. I used a different file to test this one:
http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/11926

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    Hello fabrice,

This was on my to do list. So, thanks! Are you the fabrice who holds the copywrite on ffmpeg? If you post the code changes and a working ffmpeg version, I can add it to the svn. Does the included ffmpeg version use libxvidcore or the internal xvid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom