MP-PVRX Host Server Plugin (2 Viewers)

Niall

Portal Member
August 31, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Hi All,

Please come and try out a beta version of a new MP 'process' Plugin called 'MPPVRX Host Server'- which turns your Media Portal System into a PVRX compliant server. Once it is running - you will be able to use PVRX Client tools to access and manage your system.

For those wondering what PVRX is - please read the following post (in the general development section) :
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9577

The plugin is available on the downloads page of the PVRX info site - www.pvrx.org. Full VB.Net source code is also included with the download.

You will need to register to download the Plugin - however you only supply your email address (they won't be given to any third parties - and just used to notify you of updates).

A PVRX Client Application - 'Now Showing PVRX' can be used with this plugin (and is also available for download on the PVRX site).

Feel free to leave feedback here or on the PVRX forums.

:p Enjoy!

Niall / mobilewares.net
visit www.pvrx.org

critifer

Portal Pro
February 9, 2005
Interesting - please indicate what if any client tool would be of any use at this point of the initiative..... That would be the bigger question at this early point of this project. Not being skeptical, just curious...

That would be the good xample to highlight

Critifer

Niall said:
Hi All,

Please come and try out a beta version of a new MP 'process' Plugin called 'MPPVRX Host Server'- which turns your Media Portal System into a PVRX compliant server. Once it is running - you will be able to use PVRX Client tools to access and manage your system.

For those wondering what PVRX is - please read the following post (in the general development section) :

The plugin is available on the downloads page of the PVRX info site - www.pvrx.org. Full VB.Net source code is also included with the download.

You will need to register to download the Plugin - however you only supply your email address (they won't be given to any third parties - and just used to notify you of updates).

A PVRX Client Application - 'Now Showing PVRX' can be used with this plugin (and is also available for download on the PVRX site).

Niall / mobilewares.net
visit www.pvrx.org

critifer

Portal Pro
February 9, 2005
Poor reading on my part as I see u gave more data - am going to review - but give us more info if you can...

thx again

critifer said:
Interesting - please indicate what if any client tool would be of any use at this point of the initiative..... That would be the bigger question at this early point of this project. Not being skeptical, just curious...

That would be the good xample to highlight

Critifer

Niall said:
Hi All,

Niall / mobilewares.net
visit www.pvrx.org

critifer

Portal Pro
February 9, 2005
Ok - tried everything but no connection local and/or thru a routed LAN. Plz double check what should and should not work and let me know. I am 99.9% sure I am 100% config'd properly but was not able to connect with the app I dloaded - I suspect u had this working so let us know what worked and what did not.

Thx
Critifer

Niall said:
Hi All,

Niall / mobilewares.net
visit www.pvrx.org

critifer

Portal Pro
February 9, 2005
FYI more details ...

So u know - in the simplest form of testing it was a localhost connect, no passwords at all, port 8090 - and querying host just continued on and on...

Also - the app seems to mis-detect the NetFramework versions and the app wizard also does not supply 8090 as the default PORT which u seem to use.

Niall

Portal Member
August 31, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Re: FYI more details ...

critifer said:
So u know - in the simplest form of testing it was a localhost connect, no passwords at all, port 8090 - and querying host just continued on and on...

Also - the app seems to mis-detect the NetFramework versions and the app wizard also does not supply 8090 as the default PORT which u seem to use.

Hi,

Sorry but I found a bug in the Now Showing PVRX release which *may* have caused this error. It has been fixed and the updated installer is available on pvrx.org (dated sep-4). (the default port for MediaPortal should also now be 8090 in the AddServer Wizard).

If this doesn't fix it - it's a little hard to know what is causing the problem.
Something which can definitely help with to resolve this - is on the B2 release there is an option to create an error log. (By Launching using the other icon in your start menu - see Release Notes for more information).

If you can please email the generated error log - and then I can get to the source of where the problem is for you. (and release a patch if need be).

There is also some logging in the MPPVRX plugin which can be seen in the inbuilt Log Viewer (such as some entries each time a client communicates with it). Keep an eye on this to see if any messages are coming up when you are going through the Add Host Wizard in NSPVRX (and at least we can then determine whether the requests are getting to the server or not)..

Feel free to email me directly (info@mobilewares.net) as well if you have questions.

thanks

Niall

critifer

Portal Pro
February 9, 2005
No-go... - but interested

I was hopeful - pretty familiar with this level of testing - this looked a little more promising in the log window with hand-shaking but the app never seems to work.

Can you please confirm for us that this actually works for you. Sounds like this is your project so would love to see screenshots of it working and more particulars. I would be happy to spend some time testing to get it working but I have a pretty hard-core test lab I work with Frodo and the test and dev team on - and this is a no-go thus far.

Keep me posted. Again - I seem more handshaking on the server log window (I am doing this all local now) from the host - but the final message becomes : Conection failed.... server u r trying to talk to could not be located.

This sounds interesting what you are doing here, its seems worth digging into from my end, but would still like to know a little more about what you are trying to accomplish - some screenshots - possible issues this could be - and let me know, I will plug away and test for u.

The installer and port # was indeed fixed even though I had manually changed that before - so think something else must have been tweaked as well.

Thx for the efforts
Critifer

Niall

Portal Member
August 31, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Re: No-go... - but interested

critifer said:
I was hopeful - pretty familiar with this level of testing - this looked a little more promising in the log window with hand-shaking but the app never seems to work.

Can you please confirm for us that this actually works for you. Sounds like this is your project so would love to see screenshots of it working and more particulars. I would be happy to spend some time testing to get it working but I have a pretty hard-core test lab I work with Frodo and the test and dev team on - and this is a no-go thus far.

Keep me posted. Again - I seem more handshaking on the server log window (I am doing this all local now) from the host - but the final message becomes : Conection failed.... server u r trying to talk to could not be located.

This sounds interesting what you are doing here, its seems worth digging into from my end, but would still like to know a little more about what you are trying to accomplish - some screenshots - possible issues this could be - and let me know, I will plug away and test for u.

The installer and port # was indeed fixed even though I had manually changed that before - so think something else must have been tweaked as well.

Thx for the efforts
Critifer

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time with this..

In the release notes there is information on making it dump a log file (from Now Showing PVRX) - via loading with the alternate program icon. If you can please email this log file (after you have recreated this error) - then I can get to the bottom of exactly where the error is occuring.

I'll get some screenshots together for the MPPVRX plugin (to help with this)..

Thanks Again,

Niall

critifer

Portal Pro
February 9, 2005
Log

Let me work on that now - but the client seems persistent to not want to abort gracefully when trying to create a connection. Abort, cancel, u name it when timing out from a connection fails.

All server pieces look solid - "not much there that I can see". The client side from both a localhost and remote device (local lan) or reouted with port-map just wont handshake and complete the connection at all.

Let me see if I can get u what u need.

Toss me your email to use and let me know is u r MSN/IM which would help as well.

Thx - Critifer

critifer

Portal Pro
February 9, 2005
Re: No-go... - but interested

Ok - its late - I got lazy but wanted u to have this data even though it needed emailed - see below. Just nasty infinite loops of trying to establish connections - hope this helps...

*** AttemptConnect: Type =WS
*** AttemptConnect: URI =http://localhost:8090/?
*** AttemptConnect: Creating IPVRXConfig Class
*** AttemptConnect: Getting System Info
Requesting System Info
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Logging Exception at : 00:08:55

Exception Source : GetSystemInfo(..)
Exception Source : System.Web.Services
Exception String : System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with the error message:
--
verb not recognized
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at PVRX.API.WSClient.PVRXConfig.EndgetSystemInfo(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at NowShowingPVRX.ConfigHelper.GetSystemInfo(IPVRXConfig oConfig)
Exception Message : Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'.
--
verb not recognized
StackTrace : at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

Error In ConfigHelper.GetSystemInfos (oConfig...) Using Web Service : Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'.
--
verb not recognized
*** AttemptConnect: Getting System Config
Requesting System Config
End Get System Config
--GetSystemConfig returned valid config
Logging Exception at : 00:08:56

Exception Source : AttemptConnect
Exception Source : NowShowingPVRX
Exception String : System.Exception: Info Object Returned Nothing
at NowShowingPVRX.frmAddServerWizard.AttemptConnect()
Exception Message : Info Object Returned Nothing
StackTrace : at NowShowingPVRX.frmAddServerWizard.AttemptConnect()

Requesting System Info
Logging Exception at : 00:08:59

Exception String : System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'.
--
verb not recognized
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
Exception Message : Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'.
--
verb not recognized
StackTrace : at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

Error In ConfigHelper.GetSystemInfos (oConfig...) Using Web Service : Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'.
--
verb not recognized
Requesting System Config
End Get System Config
--GetSystemConfig returned valid config
Logging Exception at : 00:08:59

Exception Source : AttemptConnect
Exception Source : NowShowingPVRX
Exception String : System.Exception: Info Object Returned Nothing
at NowShowingPVRX.frmAddServerWizard.AttemptConnect()
Exception Message : Info Object Returned Nothing
StackTrace : at NowShowingPVRX.frmAddServerWizard.AttemptConnect()

Requesting System Info
Logging Exception at : 00:13:13

Exception String : System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientAsyncResult.WaitForResponse()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.EndSend(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Object& internalAsyncState, Stream& responseStream)
Exception Message : The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
StackTrace : at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientAsyncResult.WaitForResponse()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.EndSend(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Object& internalAsyncState, Stream& responseStream)

Error In ConfigHelper.GetSystemInfos (oConfig...) Using Web Service : The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
Requesting System Config
Error In ConfigHelper.GetSystemConfigs (oConfig...) Using Web Service : The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
Logging Exception at :

Niall said:
critifer said:

Thx for the efforts
Critifer

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time with this..

In the release notes there is information on making it dump a log file (from Now Showing PVRX) - via loading with the alternate program icon. If you can please email this log file (after you have recreated this error) - then I can get to the bottom of exactly where the error is occuring.

I'll get some screenshots together for the MPPVRX plugin (to help with this)..

Thanks Again,

Niall

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom