MP RC3 & WHS - Freezes (1 Viewer)

pmcguire

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
I'm sorry to hear that, but an IT consultant is there to rip you off i'm afraid. You should add a disk to the machine (USB should be ok but a 2.5" SATA would be best)
Don't add it to the storage pool, then WHS treats it like it can do what it wants and you get stuff like you are experiencing.

I have a 500gig that is just for timeshifting and recording, I have had about 2 lockups in 3 weeks.

Geeza

Portal Member
October 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
pmcguire - I'll have to give this a try, although the fact everything ran fine for a week may indicate a different issue.

Incidentally, the IT consultant works for my employer and was a friendly gesture (I'll show my appreciating with a few beers). He'll be dialling into my server again to make a few changes - he has suggested I try turning off "Jumbo frames" within my network cards.

Regards, Geeza

pmcguire

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Yes I get the idea but I think he is making it too complicated, trying to solve a headache with open brain surgery, a simple pill will do :)

But FWIW Tvserver does work on WHS really well, just give it's own disk. Hope you get sorted soon, moving the cards over to my server has saved me so much headaches.

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
Tirol
Home Country
Austria Austria
There may be an issue an issue with DVB and EPG grabbing enabled with some channels. I do not know your setup but if you have the epg grabbing enabled, you could try to disable it completley and then look if the freezing is gone. I've for me (other thread in TV Server section) pinned it down to 4 specific channels that stall the tv server when epg grabbing is enabled for these channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom