MP rotating .avi's (1 Viewer)

Plexus

February 1, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi, my MP has sudently, and without me tinckering with anything, begun to show my .avi upsidedown, mirrored, and lacking in the stream (I'm running the files over a fileserver) There are no problems on any of my ohter PC's all running XP Pro, the latest FFDShow filters and MP 0.2.2.0

... its a bit anoying to say the least... !

I doesn't do it when i try to play them in regular WMP11

What to do??

Plexus

February 1, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Now i have even tryed to reinstall XP - that didn't help... I really don't know what to do...

Could it be some of my H/W?

Its a Dell Optiplex GX270 (P4 3.0GHz/1 GB) with a Radeon 9250 gfx and a theatrix 550 Pro tv tuner.

does anyone have a solution to my problem??

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Plexus - You said "the latest FFDShow filters" - Have you checked there? Those filters have the ability to flip images upside down. Could be a checkbox is checked by mistake?

Plexus

February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    thanks - i found out, it just took some sweat and tears :(
    I've just never encountered the problem before :confused: I found the solution to be installing DivX 6.5 codecs instead.

It's just wierd - i never changed anything in FFDshow, it just did it out of the blue when my girlfriend wanted to watch Sex & The City...

once again - thanks

// Plexus

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I found the solution to be installing DivX 6.5 codecs instead.
    Many ppl will hate me for that, but ffdshow is in my eyes simmilar to a codec pack (which i realy do not like and are well know for the issues they produce)

My general advice is to only install the original decoders/filters you need i.e. xVid, 3vix, divX, ect.
    because the videos are encoded with the "real" filters, the original codec will always work. (i have seen ffdshow installations failing to playback xVid and divX files correctly many times)

I have ffdshow installed on my HTPC too, BUT i only enabled the filter(s) i realy need.
    in my case its MJPEG.
    without that, MediaPortal has no OSD when playing a video created with my Canon Ixus :)

So ffdshow is not "evil", but its not 100% perfect ;)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    infinityloop:

I once tried doing what you suggest, but DivX-codec (latest) gave me navigation issues. So I reverted to FFDShow.

I to experienced up-side-down-issue with FFDShow, but only with th FFDShow tryouts.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I once tried doing what you suggest, but DivX-codec (latest) gave me navigation issues.
    what kind of "navigation issues"?

I to experienced up-side-down-issue with FFDShow, but only with th FFDShow tryouts.
    the main issue i noticed with ffdshow + divx, xvid, 3vix was realy bad "blocky" image quality in some cases.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Can't remember exactly, but I believe I got close to no navigation when playing DivX. This was probably due to the DivX tray-icon stealing focus (I do/did not use the "MP allways on top" option). I believe the tray has a navigation-function (tried turning it of, but no help in that).

I did slap DivX a message about this.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can't remember exactly, but I believe I got close to no navigation when playing DivX. This was probably due to the DivX tray-icon stealing focus (I do/did not use the "MP allways on top" option). I believe the tray has a navigation-function (tried turning it of, but no help in that).
    ah, correct. you just have to turn that pop up from divx off if MP is not configured to be "always on top".

there is an option :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom