MP Server goes into suspend, because it doesn't detect the MP Client (1 Viewer)

Invisible

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have the issue that my Server goes into suspend during watching a recorded video. Because it doesn't detect the MP Client.
    In the PowerScheduler it's not detecting the client, in the previous version I think I have seen something like "Prevented by: Active Client".
    I also switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for the Server and also for the Client 2 weeks ago, but I have the still the same issue. I also switched to MP 1.23 same problem.

If the Server is recording something, then it doesn't goes into sleep, also if I stream a live TV, then I see in the server "Prevented by: Active stream".
    But if I want to watch a recorded video then there is no prevention mentioned.

I also tried Multi Seat UNC path to the records and then configure the server not going into suspend if a stream is active. This is working as long as I watch the video.
    But If I stop the video and wait 15min (because this is my server suspend time), then the Server is suspended and MP is hanging until I do a manual wakup on the servers.
    Because the WOL is send from MP Client only on restart or wakup, but my MP Client is hanging, sometimes it also crashes.

Has anybody an idea why my MP Client is no recognized as a client from the Server.

Invisible

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Meanwile I looked to the Server when parallel the streams are started. It's curious direct after start the recorded video it recognize the client and show as prevent "Active stream" also in the streams it shows as active.
    BUT after 10 seconds !!! It switches to active "no" also the prevention "Active stream" was removed. So after the next minutes it goes to suspend.
    I attached the screenshots made direct after the 10 seconds start of a steam you see that the server has a stream but not as active.
    Has anybody a idea what's wrong. The server logs are also attached.

Attachments

• Active Stream.JPG
      Active Stream.JPG
      65.9 KB
    • PowerSheduler.JPG
      PowerSheduler.JPG
      74.7 KB
    • log.zip
      375.1 KB
    Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Has anybody a idea what's wrong.
    I have never used MP with separate client and server systems, so I don't know what might be wrong with your system. However, I notice from the screen shot that you are using "PowerScheduler" in "Expert" mode, which possibly means that there is a setting that you have set incorrectly.

As a test, I would suggest running your system in "Plug and Play" mode, just to see if it cures your problem.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Invisible

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As a test, I would suggest running your system in "Plug and Play" mode, just to see if it cures your problem.

This is what I have done before. I set up both system (Client & Server) complete new because of the switch from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After that it still had not worked so I added the shared directories and uses Multi UNC paths in the TV client settings. On the Windows 7 it had worked but not under Windows 10. And it's only Windows and MP installed and Zonealarm Firewall, but I also disabled both Firewalls and the issue is still there.
    After starting the stream it recognize it as active stream and also prevent it for exact 5 seconds (tried it several times today).
    Btw. I uses dedicated Client-Server MP installations since ~9 years.

Last edited:

Stichler_1

Portal Member
    January 12, 2020
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Kann es sein das du im MP Client den PowerScheduler nicht aktiviert hast?
    Sprich er sollte einmal in der TV Server Konfiguration als auch in der MP Konfiguration (Plugins) aktiviert sein

Invisible

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Habe ich nie gemacht, da ich mein MPClient im Wohnzimmer, selber in den Standby fahre, da noch weitere Geräte aus- oder umgeschaltet werden. Dies mache ich über mein Harmony Fernbedienung. Es hat ja bis jetzt über die letzten Jahre alles funktioniert doch ab der Umstellung auf Windows 10 nicht mehr.
    Das Aufwecken des Server durch den Client und das streamen eines Videos geht ja, allerdings wird nur für die ersten 5 Sekunden der Client als aktiv erkannt danach nicht mehr obwohl der Server den Stream weiter an den Client sendet.

Last edited:

Invisible

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Meanwhile I have found a workaround. Today I have tried the "Ping & Port Monitor" in the MPServer settings of the PowerSchedule. Here I added my MPClient hostname and enabled the checkbox not to go into sleep. As long as my MP PC is active the server is not going into sleep :) .
    But this option I could only use for MP PC in the living room not for my normal PC where I uses MP sometimes.
    Perhaps somebody find the issue to fix it in the correct way.

RobW

August 25, 2020
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Just come across this thread while trying to trace a similar problem.

MP1 set-up currently at v1.27 has no server/client connection problems, both server PC and client PC run power scheduler in plug and play mode, client PC set to not sleep unless on home screen, server set to sleep after 15 mins inactivity under native windows 10 control. Both machines connected via ethernet cable to LAN.

After experimentation, the following behaviour consistently experienced:

Client plays back recorded TV - stream marked "active - yes" in server. If client pauses playback, stream marked in server "active - no" (as expected). When client resumes playback, stream wrongly continues to be marked as "active - no" with result that server sleeps after 15 mins even though a client is actively streaming. Only workaround is to stop playback rather than pause the client if a short break of less than 15mins required. Restarting the recording at the previous stop point results in a new active stream, and so the server won't sleep.
    Any further thoughts, anyone? I couldn't find a solution elsewhere and so this may be a development issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom