MP shutting down when starting up dvbviewer (1 Viewer)

zeflash

Portal Pro
July 7, 2005
Home Country
France France
This only happens on a PC with a TV card installed, so I would assume it's a conflicting access to the TV card drivers that makes MP shut down itself.

I tried to remove the card definition from the configuration and not load the myTV plugin but it still does the same thing; as soon as dvbviewer comes up MP shuts down. It's not a crash, the log shows that it exits properly.

I have a skystar2 tvcard. I'd say other system info is irrelevant because it works fine on my dev PC which doesn't have the TV card.

Could that be fix at some point? I'd like to have both app up & running at the same time, given that I'm not satisfied with the TV part of MP, but I'm not satisfied either with the HTPC part of dvbviewer either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
Replies
Views
Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had firewall issues with MP2, the client could not see the server unless I turned the firewall off on the server, all rules seemed present and correct, so I eventually uninstalled MP2 as I needed a working...
Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had...
I'm not quite sure what I've done, but somehow I seem to have broken our Mediaportal installation. I'm running it as a TV server...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a solution for a couple of days but I've been yet unsuccessful. I'm trying to use an old HP Touchsmart (iq500) as a TV screen to live stream my PS2, as I haven't got enough room/money for a new TV. The...
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
Replies
Views
Recently I have been trying to reduce or eliminate juddering on my system. I notice it particularly with: Horizontal panning (e.g. in travel or nature documentaries) Horizontal "ticker tape" news feeds (e.g. "Sky News" channel) Vertically scrolling programme credits (e.g. "Mock the Week") I originally had my Nvidia screen-config set...
Recently I have been trying to reduce or eliminate juddering on my system. I notice it particularly with: Horizontal panning (e.g...
Tinkering with using MadVR. I'm still running a 1080p TV, but have plenty of old DVD rips that I haven't updated yet, and my next...
Replies
Views
I don't know how that option works 'under the hood' in MP, but another user had a recent problem related to Remote Desktop connections (Power Scheduler stopping the PC from sleeping due to an active RDP connection), so maybe something has changed in Windows 10 recently?
I don't know how that option works 'under the hood' in MP, but another user had a recent problem related to Remote Desktop...
Hi Guys, I've had MediaPortal running fine for many years, upgrading each version as and when it came out. I've had it start with...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom