[Blog] MP Skin Design - The Evolution (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You may have noticed I did not publish any Blog for a couple of weeks or so since everyone seemed busy with the release of MP 1.1.0 RC1. So I thought I better get one published before RC2 is released!

Many thanks to Harley for giving me The Inside Scoop on MP Skin Design: The Evolution. His stories of what is what like in the 'early' days are very entertaining. It is really impressive to see how much we have grown in such a short time!

As I said at the end of the Blog - please join me in offering our thanks to Harley for the incredible contribution he has made to MP and the gorgeous skins we have today.

FreeFrag

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This was a very interesting article to read and I would like to thank the whole MP Team including Harley for their effort.

The new skin Fidelity looks amazing and very promising!!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    harley said:
    In MP2 the skin is spread into many areas inside MP2.
    This is not entirely correct.

Only the default skin is spread over multiple folders.
    This is mainly done to have a "fall-back" or "failsafe" mechanism in case that your communityskin does not have the required skinfiles for a specific area. (Which in MP1 leads to a blackscreen + error message)

Communityskins will be stored in just one folder.

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    harley said:

This is mainly done to have a "fall-back" or "failsafe" mechanism in case that your communityskin does not have the required skinfiles for a specific area. (Which in MP1 leads to a blackscreen + error message)

Ah, thats good to hear. Last info i have had about, was that it will be not.
    So great to hear that it has changed. Will be made things much easyer. :)

Harley

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP Skin Design - The Evolution

another nice blog, dadeo! i follow mp since 2007 and it was quite interesting to see the skins of the early days. but i have to say, i like the new ones better :D nevertheless, thank you harley, you do a great job. the evolution of your skins makes me curious what will be after fidelity, even with mp2... so, i'm waiting for mp2 and am excited what it will look like...

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    harley said:

Ah, thats good to hear. Last info i have had about, was that it will be not.
    So great to hear that it has changed. Will be made things much easyer. :)
    It was not changed, that was the general idea. I guess there was just a missunderstanding. ;)

jackflack

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2008
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Infinity:

I watched the video for your skin and it looks excellent. I was curious as to the default filmstrip and List Views. Is it your choice to not include film information in those views? It seemed you had a lot of space for them, but went with a pure clean look.

I am used to having those fields so was curious if your keeping them and this was an aesthetic demo.

Either way, awesome skin. Just want to know if I should watch out for it in the future.

-jack

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Couldn't the default fallback skin also be in one single folder ? I don't see any advantage of having the skin spread in different corners. (especially if it's supposed to be a reference for new skins).

Anyway thanks very much for the blog post and a very big thank you for Harley who has spend so much time improving the look and feel of MP ! Kudos to you.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I watched the video for your skin and it looks excellent. I was curious as to the default filmstrip and List Views. Is it your choice to not include film information in those views?
    A very early version of the skin was used to create the video. I showed what was fully working at that time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom