[Blog] MP Skin Design - The Evolution (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm looking forward to Harleys release version of fidelity, have been using beta release and its so cool :)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thanks for a great article and also a BIG thanks to Harley for all your incredible work that we all benefits from today.

best regards
    cul8er

dklong

Portal Member
    May 28, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Another really interesting article Dadeo that yet again shows how much we owe to such a small group of individuals!

Many thanks to Harley for all your efforts. You are a very talented guy!

While all the extra skins are a real feature of MP that many people focus on... I have to say that it continues to be important that the default skins just 'work out of the box'. By this, I don't mean that they don't have bugs (which is obviously also important) but that they are graphically clean, simple, intuitive and add to the whole experience of using the software. The fact that my young kids like and can use MediaPortal is in no small part down to the skin and the slightly quirky little character that guides them through the process. Keep up the excellent work and many thanks for six years of making MP better!

PS. The kids thought the Xmas skin was just great...even though it is summer at Xmas and doesn't snow here in NZ! :)

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You may have noticed I did not publish any Blog for a couple of weeks or so since everyone seemed busy with the release of MP 1.1.0 RC1. So I thought I better get one published before RC2 is released!

Many thanks to Harley for giving me The Inside Scoop on MP Skin Design: The Evolution. His stories of what is what like in the 'early' days are very entertaining. It is really impressive to see how much we have grown in such a short time!

As I said at the end of the Blog - please join me in offering our thanks to Harley for the incredible contribution he has made to MP and the gorgeous skins we have today.

Hey this was a great article and makes me appreciate all the more the people that have helped in the creation of MP, its plug ins and skins etc. :D

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Can you say bleeding edge, of course HARLEY you DA MAN! Thanks!

Very interesting read as always.

I would like to say that this series of articles is great and I look forward to each and everyone. I will wait impatiently for the next article, thanks to everyone involved!

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom