MP sometimes hangs on load (1 Viewer)

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
It's always on one of three spots: Loading keymap.xml, loading fonts or initializing direct-x. It seems to be random, and I have to kill and restart MP sometimes multiple times for it to run. I've tried disabling all extensions and plugins and I can't find anything in the logs. Any ideas?
1.4, and latest everything. Tried with StreamedMP and Titan. Tried emptying caches. DBs are good, no disk corruption.[DOUBLEPOST=1374722350][/DOUBLEPOST]This time it up and crashed inside MP.

joit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    same prob here. In my case, it seems to hang while loading plugins but I can close it with Alt+F4 and restart

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you can start MP in "Report a bug to team MP" so that all external plugins are disabled, and then reproduce the problem and post logs, that would also be useful.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if that is the case then it is probably a 3rd party plugin/skin that is causing the problem.

You said that MP crashes on the loading screen, however the log shows you doing something with pandora radio stream.

Last edited:

joit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In my case MP only stops if it starts with windows (delaying the start does not help)
    How can I enable bug reporting on system start?
    Btw, what is mpsync?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahh ok. I know what the problem might be joit. Did you already get help for this re: task scheduler and directx not being ready?

joit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, not yet

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ahh ok

if mp crashes on auto start with windows, but otherwise works. then use built in windows taskscheduler to schedule MP to start when windows starts. the problem relates to mp attempting to start prior to directx being ready. if you use win task scheduler then it starts after directx is ready.

(delaying the start in mp settings does not fix this problem, you need task scheduler) - apprently

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom