MP - Starts. Play Movie - Ok. 2nd Movie - Freeze (1 Viewer)

Kinga

December 29, 2011
Home Country
Hey all,

In the proper style... Long time reader and supporter. First time poster.

Up until now I have always been able to solve my problems with MP from searching topics and the usual channels.

But now I am stumped.

Media Portal will start up in the usual fashion and everything will run fine. I'll maybe watch a movie or browse youtube.

The problem comes after I have finished watching a movie or browsing youtube but it only happens 90% of the time.

I'll then browse for another movie and then hit play within the GUI and it'll freeze. Either I then have to start task manager to end MP or the easier option is to just reset the computer and have MP startup on its own with Windows.

Any ideas or am I gonna have to grab the logs?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there and welcome as "poster" :)

Yes, the logs will be your best option.
    Make sure in MP Config that your log level is set to debug.
    Start MP and wait until it happens again.
    After ending MP with task manager, open MP Debug from start menu (watchdog) and use option 3 to gather the logs.

Kinga

December 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Well would you believe it... I scoured the forums and wiki's for this problem for about 1/2 hour. I then went back to the home page of MP on the actual HTPC and discovered 1.2.2 had been released. Ugh... Installed and it seems to have fixed my problem for now (10 minutes of testing though). If it starts to occur again I'll bump the post back up with the log.

Cheers anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom