MP stops working on TV Series update (1 Viewer)

Battiegoal

Portal Member
September 18, 2009
H,

My MP setup stops working when TV Series tries to update its information. My normal set up: MP + StreamedMP, that's all.

What I did, the complete story:

Yesterday I bought a new receiver and set it up. Because of HDMI video and audio pass-thru I tried to set it up correctly (desktop resolution, refresh rate etc.) Before my HDMI went from HTPC to TV, now HTPC -> receiver -> TV. (Suppos this doesn't matter to TV Series, but problems started after setting this up...)

When set up I started MP and MP presented the 'Mediaportal has stopped working' error. I tried to upgrade my installation from 1.1.0 to 1.1.2 and new StreamedMP install, but didn't matter. I decided to do a complete fresh install today.
So I did: new Win7 + MP 1.1.2 + StreamedMP 1.4.10.2499 (built-in TV Series). Configured everything, but when I got to TV Series the configuration presented again the 'Mediaportal has stopped working' error. I wanted to import new TV series into the DB. Tried to empty the DB and tried again, but everytime the MP configuration stopped working at one time or another.
I treid updating to the newest TV Series (2.6.9.1369) but that didn't help.

I am pretty sure the problem lies within TV Series, but I don't get it: it worked fine before, but problems arose after installing a new receiver?

Disabling TV Serie and running MP --> no problems at all (TV, music, photos, videos all works fine)
Enabling TV Series and importing TV Series via configuration --> error and program stops
Enabling TV Series and running MP (watching TV, videos, listeing to music or anything else) --> error and MP stops after 2-3 minutes
Attaching old audio system does not improve the situation :(

I have installed now
- MP 1.1.2
- StreamedMP 1.4.10.2499 (including TV Series)
- TV Series 2.6.9.1369 (upograded after initial problems)

Where do i look for the problem? I attached my logs, hopefully you can get a look at it. To me it seems that the program just stops working without any errors or freezes or....

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    your tvseries database may have an issue, this is what i would do to confirm that

export your watch flags from tvseries in the plugin config
    rename or delete your tvseries database from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database
    Run the TVSeries importer again which will create a new db and then add your watch foldrs, import all your shows
    import your watch flags.

if everything is now fine its likely your database had issues

Battiegoal

Portal Member
    September 18, 2009
    does not seem tohelp, still MP stops runnning...

in the 'log-window' below, I can now see that the connection to thetvdb.com has clossed with varying errors (has stopped unexpectedly / was closed by remote host computer / was closed by host connection etc...)...

Battiegoal

Portal Member
    September 18, 2009
    see attached picture for more info, seems to be the connection to thetvdb.com?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      124 KB

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    does not seem tohelp, still MP stops runnning...

what do you mean by it stops running? it crashes or it just wont finish importing from thetvdb?

try to be as specific as possible and keep posting your logs

to me it sounds like you just have a problem importing now and tvseries is no longer crashing your MP.

Battiegoal

Portal Member
    September 18, 2009
    does TV Series keep a logfile when I config the plugin from MP configuration? is this the TVSeries.log?

problem indeed seems to be in importing series

Battiegoal

Portal Member
    September 18, 2009
    here are two logs from TV Series, last line:

00000011 - 31-1-2011 21:19:58 - Error reading stream: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    sorry i really dont know, i would try making sure your machine has all the windows updates installed especially the .net ones (that message seems to be related to .NET) and then look into your virus scanner/firewall maybe if its still not working.

close MP, go back into it, reproduce the issue then attach all the log files in that directory where you found the tvseries log

Battiegoal

Portal Member
    September 18, 2009
    I reinstalled my PC again, just Win7 + display drivers + MP 1.1.2 + StreamedMP

installed all windows updates available and tried again to update TV Series. Again, it just stops working while updating/importing... see attached log files

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom