MP stopt with working ( 1.15 ) (1 Viewer)

Martin1956

March 18, 2017
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello,
Yesterday it was OK.

Today MP dont work any more. ( TV ).

I start the programma that is OK,
Then i select TV by pressing enter, so far oke,
Then i choose a channel and after a while ( 10 or 20 sec ) Programma stopt working...

I uninstall everything and reboot and i make a fresh install, No result,

Please help me.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It's a well known issue with latest Win 10 updates. This Update installs a patch that destroys Microsoft MPEG2 DirectShow Codecs. And it also breaks the existing codec settings. So you need to go to all Codec settings in MP and untick MSDVD-DTS Codec and (re-) select LAVF everywhere, even if it is selected already. Then stop MP and restart the HTPC. After this it should work again.

To be exact it is Update "KB4013429". You may uninstall this update, but it will install automatically next day.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

In case you installed the recent cumulative Windows updates, please read here

Martin1956

March 18, 2017
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi.
    It's a well known issue with latest Win 10 updates. This Update installs a patch that destroys Microsoft MPEG2 DirectShow Codecs. And it also breaks the existing codec settings. So you need to go to all Codec settings in MP and untick MSDVD-DTS Codec and (re-) select LAVF everywhere, even if it is selected already. Then stop MP and restart the HTPC. After this it should work again.

To be exact it is Update "KB4013429". You may uninstall this update, but it will install automatically next day.

Where do i find this options?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom