MP Support for MPEG4 HW Encoders (1 Viewer)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    By all means harrass them :wink:

DMAN

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    dman_lfc said:
    By all means harrass them :wink:

DMAN

I think I'll leave that up to Tau C Seti or someone else. I don't have the Plextor product so it doesn't really affect me that much.

Mike

Tau C Seti

Portal Member
    November 19, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    System Developers Kit (SDK) & Reference Design Documenta

mzemina said:
    I didn't see the Windows SDK mentioned anywhere (on any site I found realting to this product/chipset). Can you provide more details?

ON THIS PAGE is where you can request a SDK from Plextor, but I suspect that again, it is the Linux SDK that they are talking about (the Windows version seems to be an internal SDK for partners only, unlike Linux GPL). I Quote:

"Article ID. M402U0027
    How can software developers get the SDK for the PX-M402U?

Please send a request to info@plextor.com requesting the SDK. You will need to sign a software license agreement and then the SDK will be distributed to you. Alternatively, you can request the SDK directly from WIS Technologies, the developer of the encoder chip used in the PX-M402U product. (http://www.wischip.com/prod.html)"

The Gocap Win SDK source code was once available apparently, but I have not been able to track it down. Seems to be gone... (needed WinDVR 5 to be installed anyway as it needs it's audio encoder).

Other than that, the only stuff I can get is the Win SDK documentation. I have looked extensively for the win SDK, and have come up empty.

System Developer's Kit for Windows® Operating System 52 Kb

Real time audio/video capture via USB 2.0 with perfect A/V synchronization and high quality recording.

GO7007SB Users Manual issue 1

The windoze-based HTPC GUI's which support the M402U all seem to use WDM drivers, including MCE we did some tests last night and we were able to get the M402U working on MCE 2005 without a problem

The latest driver is only found on Plextor's European site M402U_2303c.zip

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom