MP team: Skin/plugins page on website? (1 Viewer)

Would you like a skins/plugins section on the main website?

• Total voters

Rybber

Portal Pro
October 26, 2004
Denmark
To the MP team (and others): Isn't it about time to expand the website with a skin/plugins page?

It would make it a lot easier for users to get an overview of the skins and plugins which are not being distributed with MP.

There's a lot of new skins being made at this time, and not all of them are integrated in the MP download package. I tried downloading Samsonites new skin, and it was 3.21MB zipped.

Including only mce skin in the MP package would make it much lighter and people rarely use all included skins so it would take some load off the sourceforge servers too.

I would be willing to assist in creating such a website extension. I'm pretty skilled in PHP coding.

Each MP release brings some skin changes, and with the skins not included in MP package, it's pretty hard to find out if they're updated or not.

Also, you could make a feature inside MP setup which interacts with the skins page, updating when nessesary, and letting users download new skins, just like in Meedio. The installer should then automatically download and install the skin/plugin.

What do you guys think?

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The website will have a plugin section soon
    and Skins now have version numbers
    When you try to use an outdated skin MP will give a warning

frodo

Rybber

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2004
    Denmark
    Superb, do you need any help on the website?

Are you then planning on only including mce in the MP package or something similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom