MP TV-Client for dummies (1 Viewer)

Frenchy2k1

Portal Member
September 30, 2008
Bay Area
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Good find samo.
I just wish you had found that a day earlier as that would have freed my evening last night (I switched from MSSQL to MySQL and ended up solving another bunch of problems). :D

If I ever switched back to MSSQL, I'll keep your find in mind.

Cybertex

Portal Pro
August 9, 2007
Milano
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi, (I've seen this post too late...)

The samo_yea's solution is ok. But it's better also to blank the "Dynamic port" field.

It's the standard behaviour of SQL Server. port 1433 is dedicated to "default instance", but SQLExpress installs a "Named Instance" ($SQLEXPRESS), which by default (and best practice) *doesn't* listen on 1433.

iancalderban

Portal Pro
December 12, 2008
milton keynes
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, (I've seen this post too late...)

The samo_yea's solution is ok. But it's better also to blank the "Dynamic port" field.

It's the standard behaviour of SQL Server. port 1433 is dedicated to "default instance", but SQLExpress installs a "Named Instance" ($SQLEXPRESS), which by default (and best practice) *doesn't* listen on 1433.

just want to confirm, this works for me with sqlexpress. MP tv client went from connect/connect/fail/connect (fail being tcp 1433) to connecting on all 4

Ian

mhund

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Darmstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried all your solutions - the test of the tcp port still fails. But after confirming the warning message, the client runs perfectly. strange.

sector7g

Portal Member
    April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Im having problems connecting with this tool and te regular MP client.

I would perfer to use this client as its on my very space limited eeepc.

It would seem i need a for dummerthandummies guide as I still cannot figure out what i need to edit in my gentle.config file.

I also fail the 3rd tcp/ip in the connection test and have blanked out and turned on all protocols

this is what I see in about 1/2 way down the file. I will edit out my PW

<NamespaceProviders>
    <Namespace namespace="Gentle.First" provider="SQLServer" connectionstring="..." />
    <Namespace namespace="Gentle.Second" provider="SQLServer" connectionString="..." />
    </NamespaceProviders>
    -->
    <DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" connectionString="Password=****;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=TvLibrary;Data Source=server2\SQLEXPRESS;Connection Timeout=300;" />
    <!--
    <DefaultProvider name="Firebird" connectionString="User=SYSDBA;Password=masterkey;Data Source=TvLibrary.fdb;ServerType=1;Charset=UNICODE_FSS;" />
    <DefaultProvider name="Jet" connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Code\Gentle.NET\Source\Gentle.Framework.Tests\Database Files\Gentle_MSAccess.mdb;OLE DB Services=-1;" />
    <DefaultProvider name="MySQL" connectionString="Server=10.0.0.2;Database=test;User ID=xxx;Password=xxx" />
    <DefaultProvider name="PostgreSQL" connectionString="Server=10.0.0.2;Database=Test;User ID=xxx;Password=xxx" />
    <DefaultProvider name="Oracle" connectionString="Data Source=kermit.symbiote.sporadicism.com,1521;User ID=gentle;password=xxx" />
    <DefaultProvider name="OracleODP" connectionString="Data Source=kermit.symbiote.sporadicism.com,1521;User ID=gentle;password=xxx" />
    <DefaultProvider name="SQLite" connectionString="URI=file:c:/Code/Gentle.NET/Source/Gentle.Framework.Tests/Database Files/Gentle_SQLite.db" />
    <DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" connectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;initial catalog=Test;user id=xxx;password=xxx;packet size=4096" />
    -->
    <!-- IMPORTANT: You must uncomment ONLY the providers that you will be using. If a provider
    is defined below, but Gentle cannot find or load the associated library, an exception
    will most likely be raised! -->
    <Providers>
    <!-- list known provider assemblies; the assembly .dll suffix is optional -->
    <!-- Provider name="CE" assembly="Gentle.Provider.CE" /-->
    <!-- Provider name="Firebird" assembly="Gentle.Provider.Firebird" /-->
    <!-- Provider name="Jet" assembly="Gentle.Provider.Jet" /-->
    <Provider name="MySQL" assembly="Gentle.Provider.MySQL.dll" />
    <!-- Provider name="Oracle" assembly="Gentle.Provider.Oracle" /-->
    <!-- Provider name="OracleODP" assembly="Gentle.Provider.OracleODP" /-->
    <!-- Provider name="PostgreSQL" assembly="Gentle.Provider.PostgreSQL" /-->
    <!-- Provider name="SQLite" assembly="Gentle.Provider.SQLite" / -->
    <Provider name="SQLServer" assembly="Gentle.Provider.SQLServer" />
    <!-- Provider name="Sybase" assembly="Gentle.Provider.Sybase" / -->
    <!-- Provider name="SybaseASA" assembly="Gentle.Provider.SybaseASA" / -->
    </Providers>
    </Gentle.Framework>

sector7g

Portal Member
    April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Just would like some direction here if possible.

Ive changed

-->
    <DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" connectionString="Password=****;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=TvLibrary;Data Source=server2\SQLEXPRESS;Connection Timeout=300;" />
    <!--

to

-->
    <DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" connectionString="Password=****;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=TvLibrary;Data Source=192.168.1.*;Connection Timeout=300;" />
    <!--

But it wouldnt even get passed the connection tests.

I had to add /sqlexpress after my ipaddress to pass the 3 of 4 tests but I keep getting the big lists of errors after what seems like 2-3 mins(timeout).

I now also have problems connecting to via media portal regular client, where b4 i was getting a stream/timeshift error now i get cannot find server/database

help pls :confused:

acgualbano

May 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    It's possible to use MPTV Client with Windows MCE ? I am asking because i've searched all the forums and just find a reference of MCETVCLIENT but the link is broken, so, i mean that maybe existe another way to do this.

Thank's Guys... You're awesome!

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom