MP TV Service null reference after 1.26 install (server) (1 Viewer)

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    A couple weeks ago the TV server service stopped working. Not urgent, so waited till today to research it.

Did an upgrade to 1.26 release and got the error. Did a re-install and same thing. Then tried restoring the drive to a month ago to get to the earlier working version.

Restore went fine, but am getting the same error. Cleared everything, rebooted and did a clean install and it's still there.
    MP TV service 1.26 error message.png

Any ideas? I stopped the tv service and used admin privileges' during the install also.

If it'll help, I've attached the logs.

MediaPortal-Logs

Thanks in advance, and a Happy and safe New Years to everyone.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This stands out in the log:
    Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.
    Does that give any clues?

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    Thanks to both replies. Azzuro, I think yours may be a pointer that works in my instance. I had changed IP on the box the TV Server is in a few months' ago and that may be it. If needed, I'll go the route of a fresh database completely, it's been over a year since the last TV station full scan and I'm due to spend some "quality time" re-setting things up. :)

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    Azzuro and doskabouter, got it working. Resetting the database worked. And after linking to the server via current IP and making a new db, I relinked to the original db and all settings were restored.

Thanks again and Happy New Year to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom