MP-TVSeries 3.5 or stuck on last episode played (1 Viewer)

wolluf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, don't know if anyone else has seen this. Running MP 1.6, with MP-TVSeries, Frames (latest version) and World Weather (latest version.) After MP-TVSeries upgraded to 3.5, after playing a TV episode I can't move the focus off the episode just played. Have to terminate MediaPortal using task manager to continue. Regressed to 3.4 - all ok again. Have tried each new version (was hopeful when I saw latest was 3.6, but just the same) Obviously I can stay with 3.4 for now, but would like to know why. Also, I could try a clean install (rebuilding the database, so would need to record where we are and we've quite a few series and films, and if its still the same...)

One other thing - probably not related - recently (not sure how recently - may be since I upgraded to MP 1.6 at end of Feb) TV episodes come on audio only, then a few freeze frames, then it 'catches up' and works properly. Never used to happen, now happens all the time.

Any ideas gratefully received. I suspect I may be doing a clean install at some point!

wolluf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Update - stuck focus "caused" by 'show 5 start rate dialog' option being ticked. Should have thought as Popup rate dialog after episode is watched option caused a problem after earlier update, and I turned it off. Still getting freeze at start (so latest version hasn't fixed that.)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You need to update your skins to support the proper rating dialog, try Titan Extended otherwise it updates itself.

Check if you are using LAV v0.61.1 (the latest version). They fixed a lot of stuff, for example 0.59 would crash MediaPortal to desktop on an AMD videocard under certain conditions, which is all fixed now. Also check your MediaInfo version on the 32-bit DLL that is bundled with MediaPortal, as this is also a 3rd party tool that is updated on a regular basis.

For a more direct solution at your freeze problem, try to disable thumbnail generation in MediaPortal, because it causes concurrent access to the same file if you play it for the first time, that will cause the playback side to fight for access to the same codec, causing delays/stutter/jerks which finish the moment the other process is done.

MediaPortal 1.7 fixes even more on this by ensuring MediaInfo is only done once before playback to obtain the info required to adjust dynamic refresh rates and such, so you could try the Pre-release if it botheres you a lot and still happens after you disable thumbnail generation.

For any deeper help you will have to provide debug verbosity enabled log files that contain a recreation of the problem, so they can reveal what exactly is going wrong for you.

wolluf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks - it looks like it was the LAV filters - normal playback now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom