MP / Win 7 does not wake from sleep with Microsoft MCE remote (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    there maybe bios settings about usb power while in s3 sleep. try different ports, i recommend using the usb directly attached to the back i/o plate rather than via the case's usb port.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another helpful tool with standby issues is the "MCE Standby Tool". Just google and install it, it helped me a lot in solving several issues.
    Though, with my Asus mainboard, I first had to upgrade BIOS before being able to wake up.

scott_mckenzie

Portal Pro
    April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

Thanks for the responses.
    I definitely have tried multiple usb ports directly connected to the motherboard and have also installed the MCE Standby Tool (MST).

I would try upgrading the BIOS, but the next version up from mine is only a beta so I'd rather not try that until it is at least a Release Candidate.

I have also just tried The following as this previously worked for me:
    - put htpc into sleep And wait till it has gone to sleep
    - turn off AV receiver
    - turn off TV
    Then
    - turn on the TV
    - turn on the AV receiver
    - wait till both the av Receiver and tv have turned on and then wake htpc from sleep with the mce remote

In the past when I have turned off the devices in that order my htpc would wake but not anymore.

Keep coming with the ideas - willing to give anything a go

Cheers - Scott

scott_mckenzie

Portal Pro
    April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi All,

I gave up on this a while ago.... for the last 6+ months I have been waking my HTPC with my RF keyboard and it's starting to really bug me.
    My RF keyboard works 100% of the time to wake my HTPC, but my remote never can.

Updated all of my drivers as well as the BIOS and still no joy.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z777-D3H-MVP mobo. The power settings are very limited in the BIOS - nothing clearly states the sleep mode or ACPI.

If anyone has solved this with a Gigabyte mobo, please let me know. The only thing that seems to work is if I only put the HTPC to sleep and leave the AVR and TV on. The TV connects to the HTPC via the AVR so I think there is a correlation there.

Any thoughts please let me know.

Cheers - Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom