MP wont load(directx SDK) (2 Viewers)

N

Nrmf

ok here goes from a newbie. i have latest version of MP installed on a Asus Pundit PC with built in SIS video chipset, set to 1024x768 it has vga out and dvi out as well built in i am using vga to a 15" CRT for testing purposes. when i click on MP icon it starts to load then a box pops up with error message about not being able to render the device selected that i should try installing direct x sdk but things might be slow. i have a fushion 3 gold card using it for OTA high def and can got through set up and select it as card and auto scan and it grabs channels. just after that when i try and run i get message, i have no clue if i have proper codecs loaded or enabled. i am at the office and figured i better get the ball rolling with some help. the pc is a celeron 2.4 ghz with 1 gig of ram and 120 gig hard drive. hope this is enough info to get you guys helping ask me for any feedback will answer as best i can.

Thank you and i cant wiat to get it running

Nrmf

N

Nrmf

No plugins
MP Version:Current 1.3
Skin: MCE
Windows Version: XP Pro SP 2
CPU Type: Celeron 2.4 ghz
Memory: 1 gig DDR
Motherboard Chipset: Asus Punditl
Video Card: Built In
Video Card Driver: Asus
Video Render Type: Tried All
Video Codec Type & Version: Unknow
Audio Codec Type & Version: Unknow
TV Card: DVICO Fushion 3 Goldl
TV Card Type: software / hardware / DVB
TV Card Driver: Current 3.0001
Optional Log: parts of the "/log/MediaPortal.log" which show an issue
Optional References: any reference

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    MP is a DirectX 9 app. The built in Sis-chipset might not be up to the job, but I can't say as I don't know what chipset you have. Please fill out the support template, and we'll help you about.

You might want to search the forums, and read the Requirements as well.

Greets.

EDIT: You posted the template as I was writing this post :) Good work.

PS - Check what chipset your MB has and compare it to the requirements.

N

Nrmf

Motherboard ASUS P4S8L
    CPU Support Intel Pentium 4 Socket 478 2.8GHz+
    Chipset SIS 651/962
    FSB 533/400 MHz
    DIMM 2 DDR PC 2700/2100/1600 DDR SDRAM
    DIMM Sockets 2 up to 2GB
    Graphics 256-bit SiS 315 Integrated Graphics (Faster Engine Clock)
    Audio On-Board AC '97

Thats the specs of the asus pc i am using

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    From Requirements:
    ------------------------------
    Cards which aren't DX9 compatible but may work: (they can be slower or have other issues!)
    ATI Rage 128, 128 Pro
    Intel Extreme Graphics (integrated i845G)
    Matrox G400, G450, G550
    NVIDIA RIVA TNT, TNT2, TNT2 m64
    PowerVR Kyro II
    S3 Savage4, S3 ProSavage, Integrated solutions based on S3 cores
    SiS 315 series
    3dlabs Wildcat VP
    -------------------------------

I might suggest you find your self a passively cooled Small form factor DX9card.

N

Nrmf

i think for trial and error i will load the fushion card in another pc i have that is running a fx5200 and see if i can get MP loaded that way. the next step i would like to try is a hauppauge pvr usb2 box hooked up to my dishnetwork ird, hope that isnt as hard. thank you for your ear.

N

Nrmf

ok took out the dvico card stuck it in a different pc i had which was running an myhd130 card and amd 1900xp 512 megs ram 160 gig maxtor hard drive and loaded the MP software did a channel scan and the picture is skipping dosent play smooth nor do i get info in the guide option. when i turned it off and went to fire up myhd app that had crashed on me. tried overlay. vmr9 windowless and renderless and that didnt help so if i had to guess maybe MP needs a balls on pc maybe the gforce 5200 fx card that i had isnt strong enough for it..sorry i forgot to mention video card. any thoughts gonna try hooking cable tv up to happaugue wintv pvr usb2 box and see if i get any other results. please send any thoughts

N

Nrmf

just read a post lower here nad said maybe to load the latest cvs build do you think that would be an option i should try.

blucat

November 28, 2005
    London
    MP wont Load (DirectX SDK)

I had an identical system, original pundit with SIS 651 chipset. I did load the DirectX SDK, but it was unusable.

I got around it by using the latest drivers from SIS. There under the Downloads section, and then the IGP area.

Only problem is I found the De-interlacing to be not quite as good as the earlier drivers on my TV, but I now had the system plugged into a monitor input, so that wasn't an issue anymore.

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
    May 13, 2005
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've had the same problem you descriped, yesterday with the latest cvs build. I did two things first I killed a mediaportal task wich somehow was running in the background and I opened and closed the configuration program.
    So you could trie to use taskmanager to sea if mediaportal is already started in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom