MP1.0.1: Video Playback looks like only 15fps (1 Viewer)

heikoh

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Hi there,

I've noticed that playback of Video as well as recorded MPeg2-TV-Streams does not run as smoothly as it should be.
On fast movement the picture seems to have more like 15 fps than 25 fps.

Although using a 1920*1080 resolution, I think CPU power should not be the problem here, during TV playback it is only around 10% - 15% (I'm using an Intel E6600 with Nvidia 8800 GTX).

In MP Config I tried EVR as well as VMR9 - I think that refreh rate seems to be a little bit better than with EVR, but that could also be subjective...

Any suggestions,
best regards,

Heiko

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You can get the real value with <Shift><1> and it's there as VMR9 in fps. You'll see a vertical line and how sharp it is as well. I have a post already going... how is it you feel 25fps is correct? I'm in the US and we have 60fps whether it be 60 progressive, or 30 de-interlaced to 60fps.

heikoh

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Thanks for your fast reply.
    Shift+1 is a good hint - and indeed the framerate is not as it is supposed to be. Sometimes is displays an average of about 20 fps, sometimes 45 fps.
    As I use a PAL source, both values seem wrong to me (they should either be 25 fps or 50 fps).

HD-Video-Files (.mkv) seem to play back correctly at 23,96 fps, however, as it is TV material although, it is probably supposed to have 60 fps...

So far I really can't understand where the problem is coming from, as there is enough CPU + GPU-power available - even for 1080p upscaling.

I also followed your other thread, uninstalled MP101, reinstalled MP100, and I have always 25 fps during TV playback, still 23,96 fps on those .mkv-containers.
    So it seems to have to s.th. with version MP 1.0.1.

If anyone knows where this is coming from, any suggestions appreciated.

Best regards,

Heiko

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom