MP1.0 HD Homerun Clear QAM show as ENCRYPTED and SHAKE/LAG (1 Viewer)

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    TV-Server Version: 1.0.0.21149
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.21149
    MediaPortal Skin: Wide3
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 2.2GHz
    HDD: Samsung 250GB x2
    Memory: 2GB DDR2 800MHz
    Motherboard: Asus M2A-VM
    Video Card: Gigabyte 7600GT HDMI
    Video Card Driver: 6.14.11.6921
    Sound Card: HT Omega Claro
    Sound Card AC3: 5.1 Analog Out, Opt In/Out, Coax In/Out
    Sound Card Driver: 5.12.8.1731
    1. TV Card: Autumnwave OnAir GT USB
    1. TV Card Type: ATSC, Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 3.2.0.3
    2. TV Card: Silicon Dust HD Homerun ver2
    2. TV Card Type: ATSC QAM
    2. TV Card Driver: Firmware: 20081231 Driver: 20081231
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia PureVideo Video Decoder
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia PureVideo Audio Decoder
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: OTA/FreeAir
    HTPC Case: Silverstone SG01 Evolution
    Cooling: 3x80mm, 1x120mm
    Power Supply: Silverstone, SST-ST50EF-PLUS, 500W
    Remote: Soundgraph/Silverstone iMon LCD
    TV: Sony 46" 1080i RP
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

I was FINALLY able to scan for channels in MP and get the QAM to work. I am using the latest non beta drivers for HD Homerun and latest non beta firmware as well. I am not using SVN but the 1.0 release install.

When I scan for QAM Standard channels it finds 230 channels - and displays them as unknown provider and some odd numbers - this makes it really hard to figure out which channel is which. I assume all of these are the encrypted channels. Not really a problem here.

The channels I am supposed to get are found in MP as ENCRYPTED!!! I can not preview them inside TV Server or MP. Butt....they are just fine in VLC???? I know the are unencrypted because I have another QAM tuner that can tune all 20 channels just fine. That and the HD Homerun software show them correct.

NEW INFO: I did another scan. They still show as encrypted (red icon), but work in MP. Cant preview in TV Server but plays in MP. However, along with the other channels, it is VERY laggy and studders / shakes etc.

I Went through and found only 3 channels I could actually tune. I preview form TV-Server Config and it is VERY laggy and studdery. It is a pain to watch. Same thing in MP. Maybe it is because I am not supposed actually tune these???

When I view channels in VLC, it has no problem. I have a 10/100 Linksys router, using cat5e cable. CPU usage is 50% and network usage is 20-40%. Signal strength and quality are all mid 90% or higher.

This is making me pull out all my hair and I feel I have wasted a lot of money on this tuner because I can not get it to work with MP.

I will post any and all information requested (logs, screenshots etc). I really like MP and how it works...better all in one than anything out there.

thank you for ANY help thoughts or suggestions!!!!!

New Info: I did a low level packet loss as found in the Silicon Dust forums and I was loosing packets left and right (more [n] than [.]). So I updated my nic driver and now I get all [.]. However, I still get the jitter, shake, lag whatever inside MP.

Solas

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    This issue was due to Zone Alarm NOT being able to handle the massive amount of data between the HDHR and HTPC. It created packet loss...thus the video studdering.

VLC did not studder but under futher investigation, it was very pixelated and had a lot of errors in it.

I had to UNINSTALL zone alarm for it to work correctly. Then I was able to record one channel and watch another!

Now I have to find a suitable replacement/setup for ZA.

The folks at SiliconDust helped a great deal!

Solas

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Nice finding. Zone Alarm has been known to cause really weird issues (with other software than MP). I guess ZA could be causing similar issue with multiseat configurations. After all, same amount of data is going to be passed thru network as with the Homerun.

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    As a note: from what I read in other front end forums...a lot of the software all in one packages (firewall+av+as+am) can not support the needed throughput of HD streams and is not just limited to ZA. Also, other software firewalls (stand alone) have issues too. I am creating a ticket in ZA...hopefully it will be fixed...but not expecting much.

Right now I am using the Windows firewall with increase security on my router to the outside. For AV/AS/AM i am looking at AVG free or maybe NOD32.

Plus I disabled my RDP coming in from the outside world and now is only available on my local lan - something I liked having because I could do maintenance from work...oh well - it is just a HTPC by all means not a server.

Lesson: If you are streaming (ie tuner not in physical pc you are using) and using a third party firewall, uninstall it and see if the problem clears up. Disabling or turning off the firewall does NOT work (well it did not work for me.

Solas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom