[solved] MP1.10.0 Final, stutter/blocking in live HD TV (1 Viewer)

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Today I did a clean install of Mediaportal 1.10.0 final that was realeased today.. but when watching live HD TV, I experience a lot of stuttering and blocking, up to the point the TV completely freezes for a few seconds. not all the time but enough to be very anoying. Also The stuttering increases over time watching. In the first 2-3 minutes everything runs fine, but the it starts with a few blocked pixels and the increasingly worsens up to the point it is completely impossible to watch after only 5-10 minutes when the video is completely out of sync with the audio, and freezes every few seconds.. In oither words.. rubbish!

With 1.9.0 I did not have these problems.

I used the same tuning parameters as in 1.9.0 (customized Ziggo 8888, as posted by Mark1982 in this thread : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/ziggo-8888-updated-tuning-parameters-28-09-2014.127768/)

When checking the receiving details while watching a channel, the quality and strength are both 100% also when the heavy stuttering is going on. So something else is causing the stuttering (My previous experience with stuttering had always something to do with the signal quality.. but that was solved when I replaced the coax cabling and installed a signal amplifier).

I am not running other progams or whatever, only Mediaportal is running.

I have checked the option to not drop incomplete packets in a ts stream.

Before installing 1.10.0 I did a fully cleanup of 1.9.0

I will do a complete clean up of 1.10.0 and re-install 1.9.0, lets see if this helps, will let you know in a reply.

Logs attached.

Noy a nice christmas present guys, lets hope I am the only one, and is a problem related to my system, and not really a 1.10.0 bug...

regards,

Marco

EDIT: Problem solved by moving the timeshift directory to a normal Samsung Spinpoint HDD instead of buggy Kingston SSD.

NOT A MP 1.10.0 bug ! (pfew...)

Last edited:

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1.9.0 installing as I write this.

Forgot to mention, I had to reinstall windows 8.1 64bit this week after some fatal BSOD during booting, suspect the SSD drive is not as it used to be anymmore.. as a matter of fact all Mediaportal is running of this SSD, just like windows 8.1 and all other applications. Also I have a partition on this drive for time shifting and recording... But that partition was not affected during the windows reinstall.

Could this SSD be the problem?... I did also have the impression installation of 1.9.0 was difficult, long waits between the steps.. Like after clicking the exe file and downloading the initial part.. it took so long before the installer started I thought was forgetting to start it after all.. it took like a minute of nothing going on, also not a progression bar or anything.

But OK, lets see how 1.9.0 behaves...

Regards,

Marco

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just tried with 1.9.0.. same issues.. wtf!

What should i do! I have tried anything I can think of.

EDIT: Changed the timeshift directory to a location on my old faithfull Samsung Spinpoint... now watching already for 15 minutes without any stuttering.

I think I must stop using the SSD.. well, it never performed as I expected, also with recordings I had some issues before, like missing big parts in a recording of a TV program...

Ok will update 1.9.0 to 1.10.0 again..

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Marco

TsWriter logs show continuity errors on the server side. Usually that means signal strength/quality problems, or HDD load issues. If you have security software (anti-virus etc.), check that the MP program, timeshift and record folders are excluded from scanning. Otherwise, your SSD could be having problems...

Regards,
    mm

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello Marco

TsWriter logs show continuity errors on the server side. Usually that means signal strength/quality problems, or HDD load issues. If you have security software (anti-virus etc.), check that the MP program, timeshift and record folders are excluded from scanning. Otherwise, your SSD could be having problems...

Regards,
    mm

Thanks! Good tip, will try that as well. For now it works OK again... That SSD is quite buggy, it caused an unrecoverable BSOD in windows 8.1, forcing me to do a complete reinstall of w8.1 last week. Signal strength is excellent, 100% all the time, so I am pretty sure the SSD is the culprit. I will have it replaced this week, by a Samsung, never a Kingston again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom