MP1.11.0 Video folder opening VERY SLow - unusable (1 Viewer)

VidarParry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    I've recently upgraded from MP1.4.0 on XP to 1.11.0 on Win 7 (using the same hardware). I did a clean install of MP1.11.0.

This version of MP is extremely slow displaying the contents of my folders - even where there's only 8 or 10 video files in them. Some of my folders have a lot more and take seemingly hours to display.

Pictures and Music folders (just as many files and probably a more complex folder structure) display immediately.

My media files are stored on a Synology NAS connected via a wired 100MB LAN to the HTPC. I can access these folders and contents immediately in Explorer and play them without trouble using Windows MediaPlayer, so I'm confident there is no network issue. I've also tried turning off the AntiVirus - no change.

I also tried updating the Video Database in MP Configuration - after leaving it overnight it was still running the next morning, so I terminated it (Ctrl Alt Delete and stop the process was the only way). I then reset the database (in case it was corrupt).

Attached are logs taken of trying to open a video folder.

I can't see anyone else complaining about this so I'm assuming there's something in my setup or system, so any help or advice gratefully received!

Cheers
    ...Steve

VidarParry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Anyone have any ideas about this? MP1.11.0 is unusable for me as it is.
    Thanks
    Cheers
    ...Steve

styrsven

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I remember that some older versions of medianfo are very slow when fetching info from a NAS. You can try installing a newer.

VidarParry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry everyone - I tried all the suggestions to no avail. Even tried a fresh install. Thanks to everyone for your advice. I've gone to the dark side - Kodi.

VidarParry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Edalex,
    I was on XP and 1.4.0 and it was quite stable, but had a couple of annoying bugs. As support for MP on XP was no longer provided I upgraded to W7 and the latest MP,in the hope that it would be so much better. Unfortunately it wasn't in my case.
    Cheers
    ...Steve

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Could you describe what were the bugs? My experience with 1.4.0 was quite bad too. i had subtitle issue and video stuttering

VidarParry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Edalex,
    A number of minor ones that we just learned to live with and accept as part of the MP experience. More annoying problems were: Application lockup, especially after resume, remote control stopped working (OK after reboot), Application looped (still running) loading windows plugins (restart required), some videos stopped displaying video (audio OK).
    Cheers
    ...Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom