MP1.11 freezes if external drive not connected (1 Viewer)

Rustyapron

Portal Member
June 24, 2015
Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
i have my movies on an external drive connected to my htpc via esata. All works ok when this drive is on. However, when the external drive is switched off and I go to videos and select list view the database of movies is displayed. If I then select a movie the pc freezes. Switching on the external drive does not help. Only resolution is to reboot. OS is Win7sp1 64bit.
Any thoughts on a fix greatly appreciated.

Rustyapron

Portal Member
June 24, 2015
Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
I've done a little more investigation as a lead up to getting the logs. If I reboot the pc without the esata drive on then all appears normal, I get a dialog to say that the file cannot be played (from the library Titles menu) and I can return to the menu and continue (then switching on the ext drive clears the problem). If I put the pc to standby, leave the ext drive on, then wake the pc, all is OK. The problem appears if after putting the pc to standby I switch off the ext drive. On return from standby (leaving the ext drive off) MP will either hang immediately on selecting a movie or variably report it cannot find the file and return to the menu but after one or two instances of selecting a movie it will hang.

I have only recently moved from WMC to MP, when using WMC I did not see this issue but want to get away from WMC to clear the path to Win10. I'm beginning to think this is a windows issue relating to the esata connection and how MP interacts with the drive. I attach the logs for you. I don't think this is a great issue but if this behaviour highlights an issue with the MP code then all well and good, or perhaps it is how the BIOS is setup for esata (it is set to AHCI but there may be other setting that are not correct).

Do you think this will go away if I used a USB3 drive? I don't have a USB3 connection on the computer but I could at a pinch find space within the case for an expansion card and buy a usb3 drive.

MP is a great application, keep up the good work, Many thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the log files.

I think the log files are showing issues when you attempt to play what-looks-like DVD rips stored in folders. It should be possible to fix this.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    @Rustyapron

Can you try this binary? Please upload the logs after testing.

Attachments

• GUIVideosV1.zip
      76.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom