MP1.15 keeps crashing on Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

andytheit

Portal Member
May 11, 2010
Hi I am having a problem that MP keeps crashing. Its when i switch my TV on. The computer is set never to go to sleep,and MP is always on, but when i switch on my TV, MP has crashed and just show a black box in the top left had corner of the screen. If kill MP using the task manager as restart everything is fine. Sometimes MP is fine when i switch on my TV and sometimes when i go to play back a program it just re-starts. I am guessing it might be video / codec but not sure where to start. I have attached the logs from Watchdog

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Looking at the Windows application event log - which is where you should start looking for information about any crashing problem with any software - any problems with MP always seem to happen when you log out of Windows like this:
    "22/09/2016 16:48:43";"igfxCUIService1.0.0.0";"(0)";"Information";"The description for Event ID '0' in Source 'igfxCUIService1.0.0.0' cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display the message, or you may not have permission to access them. The following information is part of the event:' Logoff: Test
    '";"0"
    "22/09/2016 16:48:43";"igfxCUIService1.0.0.0";"(0)";"Information";"The description for Event ID '0' in Source 'igfxCUIService1.0.0.0' cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display the message, or you may not have permission to access them. The following information is part of the event:' Logoff: 1
    '";"0"
    "22/09/2016 16:48:43";"Microsoft-Windows-Winsrv";"(0)";"Information";"The following application was terminated because it was hung: MediaPortal.exe.";"10002"

Can you confirm?

andytheit

Portal Member
    May 11, 2010
    Hi Thanks for your help it seems to be related to the Intel control panel app. It starts as a service so i have set the service to manual and will test. Thanks for all your help and will post back the results

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom