MP1.3 Beta Some problems (2 Viewers)

mrbert

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Rotterdam
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask?

I realy enjoy MePo a lot for quite some time now and was happy surprised with 1.3:).
I was using 1.2 and I was quite OK with it.
When switching to 1.3 there wher a few thing bugging me.

1. there is a key beep wit every navigating key in the user interface. My first install was quiet, but after a re-install becaus of item 2 (below) suddenly alll keys started to make a "ploink" sound. I did not change anything in my windows. I searched to the configuration and settings but I cannot find how to switch that off. Anyone with a cleu on this
  2. After switching to 1.3 with the default codec pack MP4 and MKV files show bad blocking artefacts iwhile playback. Some other files did not play at all VC1 codec could not play?
    I also tried switching to SAF619. After that all files played. Nut the arttefacts where still there. I asked Hoborg for some assistence and tested that the files play OK in MPC-HC and Graphstudio.
    Graphstudio says it is using FFDSHOW and EVR for that file.
    if I play the same file on MPC-HC i do not see a problem
    I have been changing codes to FFDSHOW but that does not solve it. I use EVR.
Any suggestions how to get these two things corrected as it is ruining the WAF factor:confused:?

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    experiment with different codecs, SAF includes LAV, try that.
    Run graphstudio -> connect to remote graph while playing the video in MP in windowed mode, check codec in use, compare graph to the artifact free graph, try to replicate in MP graph.

Last edited:

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    experiment with different codecs, SAF includes LAV, try that.
    Run graphstudio -> connect to remote graph while playing the video in MP in windowed mode, check codec in use, compare graph to the artifact free graph, try to replicate in MP graph.
    You lost me:confused:
    When I connect to remote graph I can only connect to one and I think that is my pauzed MePo window.
    When I select that one and click connect I get an empty graphstudio window with file, view,graph, filters optons, help. tollbars and some icons below it
    Where can I find which codecs are used?

Last edited:

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tried now with the new codec settings for a few weeks and it works great.(y)
    One problem is navigation on DVD menue's
    Many times the navigation jumps back to another field when pressing the next/prev button. This is most obvious when watching a dvd that containes a few episodes of a TV series. When I plugin a mouse and select with the mouse This works better espescially when I position the arrow on the right of the DVD menu item

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom