MP1-4070_BUG_Resuming_from_Standby_not_working (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Description of Change
    This change is to be able to try to do a proper Resume / Standby for TVPlugin

The MP build provided is based on Master.

Tickets : https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4070

The source code can be found in the branch :
    MP1-4070_BUG_Resuming_from_Standby_not_working on github.

Steps to install and test
    Installation
    Download the Installer and execute it.
    If you already have MP 1.4/1.5.0Pre Release installed, you can upgrade your installation.
    You can also start installer from :
    %Temp%\MediaPortal Installation\deploy

Testing
    Try Resume / Standby.
    Thank you!

Sebastiii

Changelog

Version 1.4.100.0 v1
    Build Based on Master

Version 1.5.0 v2
    Build Based on Master.
    Try to handle lost/not ready Audio device.

Version 1.5.0 v3
    Build Based on Master.
    Fix for Audio Device Lost.

Last edited:

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a curious question: Does this patch differ in terms of the suspend/resume code from this one:
    MP1-2559-Solve_inconsistent_TVService_detection_from_TVServer_in_TVHome ?

The old MP1-2559 V16 patch was a big improvement, but I have encountered again a black screen after resume yesterday evening. I am just downloading this patch (1.4.100.0 v1) and provide some feedback (and logs in case of an error...) after the weekend.

BTW, thank you for your time and contribution to MP (y)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Yes it's differ from MP1-2559-Solve_inconsistent_TVService_detection_from_TVServer_in_TVHome :)
    The other patch can improve the resume but it's not the original fix, MP1-2559 is to make consistant stable the event sent from tvserver to tvplugin (in earlier version this event can send the command (The TVService is OFF but it was not OFF, so when TVPlugin receive this false event, it start to do what is suppose to do when the TVService is not reachable (OFF) and like it was a false event/signal -> boom to something not good lol)

This new branch try to catch some error that happen on StandBy / Resume sequence and also try to don't execute twice the resume or Standby signal.
    Because like Scythe42 see and i see it also when debugging, TVPlugin can receive twice or more message to resume/standby where one should be enough etc.

Seb.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Bumping this so anyone with problems with MP resume can see this

@Super Moderators - If you see anyone on the forum with this sort of issue, please direct them to this area51 thread so we can have more people test this fix.

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately I have to report bad news - I have had the black screen after resume again, running version 1.4.100.0 v1 of this patch.
    Some remarks about my HTPC:
    - System power mode set to S3(Hibernate)
    - Scheduled wake-up time at 3:00 o'clock in the morning for EPG grabbing.
    - The system survived several standby/resume cycles during the weekend
    - I have switched on the HTPC at ~19:00 o'clock this evening
    - The fans inside the case started, as well as the hard disk, but the TV displays only a black screen (without blinking cursor this time...)
    - Pressing buttons on my remote doesn't change anything
    - Pressed the on/off switch on the case for >4 seconds for a reset
    - The system started again from the hibernated image on disk
    - Closed MePo and generated the attached debug file (sorry, including activated plug-ins)

Now I have started MePo in debug mode, so if anything happens I can provide clean logs. Hope, you can see something unusual. Please ask, if you have any kind of questions. I would be more than happy to solve this issue !

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Disable 3rd Party Plugins first. What you are describing is usually happeing if a plugin fiddles with Power Management on its own in a not proper way preventing MP itself from properly waking up.

I saw HTPC Info in your logs and stopped reading from there. HTPC Info is one of the most notorious plugin creating issues.

World Weather by the same author is also known for creating issues in regard to power management events. As it is not available in open source we cannot check and the author is not interesteed as issues have been reported going back to January with no reaction at all.

Just try to reproduce the issue just with core components please.

Last edited:

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Short status update: MePo with patch 1.4.100.0 v1 (but without any 3rd party plugins) survived several Standby/Resume so far. I will continue testing...

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Black Screen of Death again...
    I came back from a school conference and saw, that my HTPC was running. Well, I switched on the the TV and saw a black screen. The HTPC doesn't show any sign of life and I had to restart the computer with the hibernated disk image. Please find attached the log files. Hope, you can find a clue what went wrong... Thank you for your support !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom