[no Bug] MP1.6 crashes on switching music tracks (1 Viewer)

R(i)SK

Portal Member
June 7, 2009
Aachen
Home Country
Germany Germany
I just updated MP from 1.5 to 1.6. The update went smoothly without a glitch. But now MP crashes everytime it switches from playing one music track (all MP3 files with VBR) to the other. So the in detail if a track has played to the end and MP wants to playback the next track in the queue, it crashes and raises a windows crash dialog. It doesn't matter, whether the playback queue is created on simply playing the contents of one pyhsical folder or is based on .m3u playlist, the crashed reappear everytime.

However if manually switch from one track to another or just play a single file, MP1.6 works just fine.

Unfortunatley the wahtchdog doesn't seem to catch the crashes, but I'm posting a manually created log anyway. Let me add that I am under Windows 8.1 and default music engine is set to Bass Player.

Steps I have untaken to solve the issue:
  1. According to the indications I found in another bug report here on the forums, I have already updated the Audio Vis Packcage to the latest version (which I have never actived in fact, but just to make sure...), deleted all bass_xyz.dlls I could find and reinstalled MP1.6 but with no effect.
  2. In addition I have also disabled LastFM scrobbling to make sure its not related to the recent changes in LastFM service and MP1.6, but this changed nothing at all.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Try disable wifiremote or delete / upgrade it :)
    I see you have it enable and you didn't have error but older version can crash mp on music stream change.

AndiHoffi

Portal Member
    October 7, 2009

AndiHoffi

Portal Member
    October 7, 2009

R(i)SK

Portal Member
    June 7, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try disable wifiremote or delete / upgrade it :)
    I see you have it enable and you didn't have error but older version can crash mp on music stream change.
    Thank you Sebastiii, that was indeed the troublemaker. ;-) I updated the Wifi Remote plugin with the version linked in AndiHoffi's post and now everything seems to work again. Thanks to all of you!

B

BassFan

I have already updated the Audio Vis Packcage to the latest version (which I have never actived in fact, but just to make sure...)
    Dann werden sie einiges vermissen. :)
    ---------------------------------------------
    Then they will miss a lot. :p

greets

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom