MP1 -- 64 bit OS better (1 Viewer)

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    From what I've (briefly) been able to find, it seems that MP1 (all versions) is a 32 bit application.
    So is there any analysis or experience that suggests that MP1 would be any faster or more stable on a 64 bit OS? (not that MP1 isn't fast or stable)

And if 64 bit is better, how much RAM is useful?

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Country flag
    MP1 is 32-bit, right.
    64-bit OS is so common now so I don't expect any problems. And 64-bit OS could have more RAM which is always better.
    All just personal thoughts

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    I use 64bit Windows 10 with 8Gb RAM all work fine, but with 4Gb of RAM, MP work the some :)

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That's fun. I shattered my kneecap on one of those e-scooters. I'm terribly out of shape from the months of being bedridden. I didn't get fat, at least, but a walk in the park is not an expression of something being easy anymore.
    That's fun. I shattered my kneecap on one of those e-scooters. I'm terribly out of shape from the months of being bedridden. I...
    It seems odd that most of the problems that people complain about are that we can't switch to MP2 because there's no plugins for...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
    So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Replies
    Views
    Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
    Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
    Hi, I'm new to the world of HTPC and Media Portal but I've decided to give it a go since my Pioneer DVR-LX60D PVR failed and is...
    Replies
    Views
    If it keeps annoying me enough I'll have to help you with that :whistle: That's weird, because video locks up first with audio still playing for a few more seconds before MediaPortal restarts, but this will give me a few more avenues to test for. The main difference is that when I was on 1.19-1.21 without this issue that it was HTPC...
    If it keeps annoying me enough I'll have to help you with that :whistle: That's weird, because video locks up first with audio...
    I've been dealing with weird crashes. The display would go into a checkerboard, or mainly a giant purple banner across the screen...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom