MP1 Client on Intel Compute Stick?

Discussion in 'General' started by rsbrux, September 18, 2015.

1. rsbrux
    • Team MediaPortal

rsbrux Documentation Group

Ratings:
    +91 / 1
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
    I would like to use an Intel Compute Stick (Intel Atom Z3735F 4 x 1.33 GHZ, 2GB RAM, 32 GB flash, Windows 10) to run an MP1 client with a 5GHz WLAN connection to my MP1 TV Server (see my current System Specs). I have seen at least 1 post from a member using this processor (in a box, not a stick) and also the thread on PIPO (which seems to have a similar, if somewhat faster, CPU).
    My main applications would be for streaming videos from the Online Videos plugin or music. Since the online videos I have access to tend to be fairly lo-res, the bandwidth required would presumably be less than that need for a full HD TV client.
    What experience does anyone have with this product, processor and/or applications? What advice can anyone offer before I go out and spend money (and worse yet, time!) on this experiment?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!