MP1 client with MP2.1 Server, TV doesn't work (1 Viewer)

cnicolas

Portal Member
November 19, 2006
Home Country
France France
Hello everybody

I am a long time user of MediaPortal in multiseat environment, and I consider a progressive migration to MP2.
So I started tests.
It is said here : TV support - MediaPortal 2 - MediaPortal Wiki
That it is possible to use TVServer from MP2.1 server with a MP1 client.
But this doesn't work on my test computer.

Configuration :
MP2.1 full install on W7 server.
TV server configured, work perfectly with MP2.1 client
MP1.16 client install only on same computer
With MediaPortal Configuration, TVServer test works (using correct hostname or 'localhost')
But with MediaPortal client, nothing appear, nor TVGuide is visible.
In log file (MediaPortal-Error.log) I have this error:

[2017-05-30 22:53:58,075] [Error ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TVHome: Error in Reload
[2017-05-30 22:53:58,269] [Log ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - Exception: Error: NoDefaultProviderUnclassified
Gentle.Common.GentleException: No <DefaultProvider> entry found in the configuration file.

Thank's if you can help.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    You can search on forum, thread about this subject is already available.

On a big way,
    The TVE inside Mp2 server must work with mysql instead of sqllite, but this stuff is not optimized and not recommended by us.

Envoyé de mon D5803 en utilisant Tapatalk

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    WIKI is erroneous and this must be changed...
    I just added a "Deprecated" comment to the site. At this time I don't want to completely delete the page as the content might become useful again in the future.

and this must be changed...
    Everybody can contribute to the Wiki. All you need to do is to register on the Wiki site and you are then free to modify or even add new entries.

Toddi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2008
    Kiel
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm using MP1 client with MP2.1 server on a singleseat system since around one year, mostly watching tv. It runs really stable and without problems.
    But it's not possible to use the internal MP2.1 database (sqlite) for tv. I'm using mssql. If it's interesting for you I can give you some hints.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it OK to describe solutions / give hints in wiki, which seems to be unsupported from MP-team? ;)
    "Unsupported" is such a hard expression ;).
    We certainly don't mind users developing creative solutions. This doesn't mean that we would actively seek resolution in case of technical difficulties though. Personally I don't see a reason to compromise and use MP1 as frontend to only partially benefit from MP2, but everybody is of course free to chose his own solutions.

If you like you can create you own Wiki entry without deleting the deprecated entry. We are notified about every change and I can then proofread and delete the other entry if it is no longer necessary. All you need to do is to register as Wiki user via the Login function top right.

cnicolas

Portal Member
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm using MP1 client with MP2.1 server on a singleseat system since around one year, mostly watching tv. It runs really stable and without problems.
    But it's not possible to use the internal MP2.1 database (sqlite) for tv. I'm using mssql. If it's interesting for you I can give you some hints.

Hi Toddi,
    I am interested by your solution, can you detail please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom