1.12.0 MP1 crashing because D3D list not refreshed (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    • Yesterday at 16:29 the PC resumed with a D3DERR dialogue, stating that MP had to be closed. The log (number 3) then flooded with D3DERR NOTAVAILBLE Messages.
    • The restarted MP (log 2) ran into similar issues upon resume at 17:49.
    The PC was also showing a Win 10 messages that the graphics driver had been restored. I then rebooted and everything was normal again.

The driver messages do happen in rare instances, usually when stopping TV from within MP, which then leads to an automatic reboot. Could there be something in the MP DirectX usage that could lead to this?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    When i have search about restart of GPU, it has to do with recent windows version (win7 maybe ?) lol
    I have try to re-init the D3D inside MP when it happen with no luck :( so when it happen, we can't do nothing :(
    For testing the crash, it was easy, i have 2 GPU, so i start MP on one GPU, i just have to disable it and enable, it lead to the same log as you but after that, the recover can't be done, it seems that MP didn't redetect the GPU from D3D list (from windows command) but if we restart MP the list is refreshed. So MP can work correctly. No clue why :(

Maybe the C++ code (the pure c++) can recover the crash, i didn't remember if i have try with MPC-HC.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Buddy, you are real fast :)

i just have to disable it and enable, it lead to the same log as you but after that, the recover can't be done, it seems that MP didn't redetect the GPU from D3D list (from windows command) but if we restart MP the list is refreshed.

As this is not directly related to the freeze, which we have been discussing in this thread, should we take the "D3D list not refreshed" subject out of here and port it into a separate thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom