MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Owlsroost, in the next patch version, could you enable the tearing test bar? Just because it will make detecting the judder much easier (tearing is not an issue in any case if EARO is enabled since v-sync / present() is handled by it).

See first post :)

I've had a few ideas about handling the vsync correction differently (and the display timing estimation), so there will be a pause in new version development while I try a few things.....

Tony

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Owlsroost, in the next patch version, could you enable the tearing test bar? Just because it will make detecting the judder much easier (tearing is not an issue in any case if EARO is enabled since v-sync / present() is handled by it).

See first post :)

I've had a few ideas about handling the vsync correction differently (and the display timing estimation), so there will be a pause in new version development while I try a few things.....

Tony

yet another ideas.. If it was possible to record in a XML file the whole set of values visibile in the graphs from different system do you think could be usefull to check and understand the renderer behavior?

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've tried dll number 02. For me everything plays fine except for xvid 25fps played at 50hz. After 20/25 minutes I get heavy stuttering. Here's my screenshot.

I have to say this DLL is slightly better than the one of RC2 for me, since I really got 0 frame dropped (for instance 0 frame dropped in HDTV in two hours of vision).

I will try DLL number 3 tomorrow.

Does it make sense to enable vsync correction in reclock with this DLL? I used to use it to correct this kind of stuttering before RC1.

Attachments

• xvid25fps.jpg
      xvid25fps.jpg
      277.2 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I've tried dll number 02. For me everything plays fine except for xvid 25fps played at 50hz. After 20/25 minutes I get heavy stuttering. Here's my screenshot.

I have to say this DLL is slightly better than the one of RC2 for me, since I really got 0 frame dropped (for instance 0 frame dropped in HDTV in two hours of vision).

I will try DLL number 3 tomorrow.

Does it make sense to enable vsync correction in reclock with this DLL? I used to use it to correct this kind of stuttering before RC1.

Well, you can try it but it shouldn't be necessary. I'd also try dll v004 (see first post in thread).

Tony

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Please note:

1) Reclock vSynch doesn't work . It's ok. Will be unnecessary (its vsynch correction not Reclock itself ;))

2) when stuttering appear Sdev value raise over value 12-13 or more. When the play is smooth normally is under 0.4-0.5. Most of times pause and play is enough to solve the stuttering.

3) when stuttering appear FrRat switch quickly from value 2 to value 1 a so on. (yes, value FrRat with 004 now is correct to value 2)

cecet23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

The render stats look OK - the evr.log has one dropped frame during playback (ignoring the drops at the start). If it's happening every 7/8 minutes (but not with DXVA codec) then I suspect there's something else stealing CPU time periodically.

Tony

I have my doubt....that happen only with xvid (25 fps) at 50hz...

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    HI, Tony

i've tested the n#4 dll.

that is very similar to the n#1 in smoothness, but still remains some few stutters:)

please notice that the OSD is working almost ok with hdtv an sd PAL TV (50i) @50hz, but slowing all others kind of videos . When the OSD is going slower it starts with wrong FPS values, it starts from 0 fps and they raise slow to the correct fps , as you can see in my screenshots below, in the hdtv and sd tv sometimes i can notice spikes.
    Obviously the results are suffering with OSB opened.

thank you for your work

Attachments

• 08-47-29.jpg
      08-47-29.jpg
      269.2 KB
    • 08-46-15.jpg
      08-46-15.jpg
      219.6 KB
    • 08-41-30.jpg
      08-41-30.jpg
      142.5 KB
    • 08-40-31.jpg
      08-40-31.jpg
      146 KB
    • 08-40-04.jpg
      08-40-04.jpg
      170.8 KB
    • 08-39-58.jpg
      08-39-58.jpg
      175.6 KB
    • 08-39-56.jpg
      08-39-56.jpg
      165 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Quick update - I've managed to provoke a 'burst of stuttering with no frame drops' problem with live TV on my system.

I looks like (from the render stats numbers) that something - maybe in the incoming stream timing data - is triggering a bug in the dshowhelper code i.e. it's not a vsync alignment problem in this case.

(For those familar with the code, 'm_DetectedFrameTime' is way off the correct value when this happens, which - I think - is causing incorrect sample duration correction)

Tony

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    (For those familar with the code, 'm_DetectedFrameTime' is way off the correct value when this happens, which - I think - is causing incorrect sample duration correction)

That is a hack to allow 1:2 material to be detected (no other good way to solve it). The code itself is from MPC-HC and I feared it might have some side effect in some specific cases (detection is thrown off). Unfortunately EVR presenter doesn't see the real frame rate and to fix that we would need to implement a custom EVR mixer component...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

That is a hack to allow 1:2 material to be detected (no other good way to solve it). The code itself is from MPC-HC and I feared it might have some side effect in some specific cases (detection is thrown off). Unfortunately EVR presenter doesn't see the real frame rate and to fix that we would need to implement a custom EVR mixer component...

OK, thanks - could you quickly explain what the purpose of the CorrectSampleTime() function is i.e. why do the sample durations need correction ?

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom