MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    cecet23 - could you attach an evr.log please ?

Also some more feedback from Ati/AMD graphics users would be useful (I can only test on nVidia and Intel HD graphics).

Thanks,

Tony

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm pretty sure the frame drops I'm seeing are not caused by the dshowhelper code, so attached is v0073 for trials :)

Tony

First impression, is that v0073 seems to have resolved alot of the wild frame drops I had been seeing since v0055. I still get the ocassional drop where there green graph jumps from mid to bottom or back again with associated "Late" and "Drop" but alot less frequent, (maybe once/5 minutes instead of every 30 seconds or worse).

I've been trying 50Hz Pal at 50Hz display refresh and 23.9whatever at 24Hz display and so far this is first version that I find is worth moving off v0055b on my system.

OK - good :)

On HD material I get about one dropped or late frame every 3-5 minutes, but about one every 15-20 minutes on SD.

I notice you are using nVidia (like me) - out of interest, which driver version are you running ?

Tony

I'm currently running nVidia driver 266.58. I had previously tried the Tesla version recommended in this thread but found it didn't provide any benefit. My content is mostly either 1080i or 720p.

I have been wondering, when playing 23.9? material at 24Hz or any combination when duplicate frames must be inserted (and predictably so), whether it would be possible to hold over individual dropped frames resulting from the unpredicted "late" frames we are seeing. If you could hold an undesired dropped frame until the next duplicate needed to be inserted, wouldn't it be possible to have them just cancel each other out with no drop or duplicate at the cost of marginal loss of audio sync for that period. Obviously wouldn't cover all scenarios but seems when we know duplicates are going to be needed regularly (content framerate is slower than display framerate) dropping a frame may be avoidable and also remove the need for the next duplicate. Double win!

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    cecet23 - could you attach an evr.log please ?

Also some more feedback from Ati/AMD graphics users would be useful (I can only test on nVidia and Intel HD graphics).

Thanks,

Tony

hi tony,

tree days ago after a refresh change from 24hz to 50hz the v70 went mad ...... the same here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/720438-post845.html

yesterday in the mornig i put v73 , after a whole day using sd hd tv (50hz) and some avis (60hz) i got the same behavior of the v70 posted here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/722382-post889.html

what i can say ...... seems good , not really flat but very smooth ;)

i will test also with 24p material as soon as possible.....

bye

and thank you

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok Owlsroost, I did some more testing.

Initial results
    HD 23.9 and 24fps are Perfect.
    SD 24fps perfect
    SD 25fps, judder every half/whole second. Not visible in the lines, but I DO see the moving judders. Even in the 2 lines going from left to right.
    I noticed this judder ia only present on SD25fps, while the TV is set at 50hz. First I tried to get a perfect match. 25fps/25hz, But MP wont switch to it, even if I tried it before.
    Second thing I tried was reducing the de-interlacing setting from VA to adaptive. After this the visible judder is gone. Also, the lines are more flat now.

So Im thinking using 25fps on a 50hz monitor, makes my ATI or codecs think they need to de-interlace the stuff, resulting in judders. The fact it results in judders is weird as well. The card I use should be more than capable of handling it. (HD5670)

What are your thought about this?

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    UPDATE:
    v73:
    after stop 24p material, start tv (sd and HD) lines went mad again as i reported in the past https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/716273-post790.html

later today will post log and screen

my idea is that MP is still tring to mantain the 24 fps also on the 50i material after refresh change..... (fps in the osd are going up and down around 24 )....

i can assure with original 1.2a dll and v67 that is not happenig .....

the question is......... why? what is the difference from original 1.2a (OK), v67 (ok) to all the other ones (FAIL)?

thanks

cecet23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    SD 25fps, judder every half/whole second. Not visible in the lines, but I DO see the moving judders. Even in the 2 lines going from left to right.
    I noticed this judder ia only present on SD25fps, while the TV is set at 50hz.

Yeah, this happen at me too.. With all dll that I tried (recently)..

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    UPDATE:
    v73:
    after stop 24p material, start tv (sd and HD) lines went mad again as i reported in the past https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/716273-post790.html

my idea is that MP is still tring to mantain the 24 fps also on the 50i material after refresh change..... (fps in the osd are going up and down around 24 )....

the question is......... why? what is the difference from original 1.2a (OK), v67 (ok) to all the other ones (FAIL)?

thanks

today i can't reproduce anymore this issue , maybe because i get in to this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/725038-post2577.html .... or it is just matter of time before it happens again ...... i'm still triing to use v73 in everyday use .... so f it will happen again i would notice it :)

thank you
    byeeeeeeeeee

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    UPDATE:
    v73:

thanks

today i can't reproduce anymore this issue , maybe because i get in to this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/725038-post2577.html .... or it is just matter of time before it happens again ...... i'm still triing to use v73 in everyday use .... so f it will happen again i would notice it :)

thank you
    byeeeeeeeeee

If it happens again - please post a screen capture (with the render stats) and an evr.log - otherwise I can't help....

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Ok Owlsroost, I did some more testing.

Initial results
    HD 23.9 and 24fps are Perfect.
    SD 24fps perfect
    I noticed this judder ia only present on SD25fps, while the TV is set at 50hz. First I tried to get a perfect match. 25fps/25hz, But MP wont switch to it, even if I tried it before.
    Second thing I tried was reducing the de-interlacing setting from VA to adaptive. After this the visible judder is gone. Also, the lines are more flat now.

So Im thinking using 25fps on a 50hz monitor, makes my ATI or codecs think they need to de-interlace the stuff, resulting in judders. The fact it results in judders is weird as well. The card I use should be more than capable of handling it. (HD5670)

What are your thought about this?

Can you post an evr.log please ?

I do test with some true 25fps material on a 50Hz display (my digital still camera shoots 25fps 720p h.264 video) and it always plays OK on my (nVidia) system.

Quite often the video decode filters assume at the beginning that the material needs to be deinterlaced because they don't really know for sure until they actually decode it, then the deinterlacing should adapt itself as the stream plays. Note all this happens before the EVR presenter gets the decoded/deinterlaced samples (frames) - it then just uses the sample timestamps to decide when to present (render) the samples to the screen.

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I'm currently running nVidia driver 266.58. I had previously tried the Tesla version recommended in this thread but found it didn't provide any benefit. My content is mostly either 1080i or 720p.

I think the driver issues mostly affect the new 'Fermi' GPUs (GT/GTS/GTX 4xx/5xx cards) - I have a GT430.

I have been wondering, when playing 23.9? material at 24Hz or any combination when duplicate frames must be inserted (and predictably so), whether it would be possible to hold over individual dropped frames resulting from the unpredicted "late" frames we are seeing. If you could hold an undesired dropped frame until the next duplicate needed to be inserted, wouldn't it be possible to have them just cancel each other out with no drop or duplicate at the cost of marginal loss of audio sync for that period. Obviously wouldn't cover all scenarios but seems when we know duplicates are going to be needed regularly (content framerate is slower than display framerate) dropping a frame may be avoidable and also remove the need for the next duplicate. Double win!

Worth a thought, but the timing limits are automatically wider for 24Hz (they are proportional to the frame time) so it's actually less likely to drop frames at the lower frame rates - or should be ;)

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom