MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development (2 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ferrocene - can I suggest you keep all the posts related to your problem over in your other thread, it'll make more sense to people if everything is in the same thread (and attach a full set of logs - use the MP logs collector in the start menu program group). I don't think the problem is anything to do with the dshowhelper as such, and this is a development thread.

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    A couple of new versions attached - both are identical except :

'v0076_part_DWM' enables DWM support only for display refresh rates above 40Hz (i.e. not for 24Hz).

'v0076a_no_DWM' never enables DWM support.

Other changes are that the internal sample queue handling & thread locking has been revised, and the delay logic now always uses 1ms steps (instead of variable size steps) - this simplifies things and seems to keep the windows thread scheduler more interested in it....

Tony

These versions require 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package' to be installed.

If you are using the MP AudioRenderer you must use the modified version from this post - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/707555-post675.html - otherwise MP will crash...

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Is there any special interest in keeping enabled DWN support, provided that it's causing some problems under special circumstances? Just wondering... I'm far from being an expert.

Thanks for keeping the research of "stutterfree" playback.

I'll test both ASAP.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Is there any special interest in keeping enabled DWN support, provided that it's causing some problems under special circumstances? Just wondering... I'm far from being an expert.

Thanks for keeping the research of "stutterfree" playback.

I'll test both ASAP.

It's because on some systems (mine included) it improves the performance - e.g. I now have the best 60Hz playback performance I've ever had with MP.

The upcoming MP 1.2.0 beta includes the v0055 dshowhelper code because it's well tested.

I think the versions with the DWM support should stay in this thread for people to try out and use if they want to (I'll move some to the first post soon).

Tony

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ok. Understood. :)

And that's right... I've been using 55b for quite a long time (in fact, it's my current choice for production HTPC, WAF included) with no problems, just that single framedrops every few minutes, which I asume it's not caused by dshowhelper specifically.

bye!!!

knajub04

Portal Member
    August 8, 2010
    AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

The upcoming MP 1.2.0 beta includes the v0055 dshowhelper code because it's well tested.

You spoken about MP 1.2.0 Beta... What can we really expect, related to the dshowhelper / Playback topic.. ?? Will dropping frames be a thing of the past??? :)

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

You spoken about MP 1.2.0 Beta... What can we really expect, related to the dshowhelper / Playback topic.. ?? Will dropping frames be a thing of the past??? :)

it already is also with 1.1.3, if you use the dll at the first post ;)

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A couple of new versions attached - both are identical except :

'v0076_part_DWM' enables DWM support only for display refresh rates above 40Hz (i.e. not for 24Hz).

'v0076a_no_DWM' never enables DWM support.

Still have "judder" at 50Hz with 'v0076_part_DWM'. The sort where the graph and stats don't indicate a problem but the moving vertical lines and overall display is not smooth, appearing to have an inconsistent frame rate. Dropped or duplicate I can't tell.

'v0076a_no_DWM' is better for me but still has the odd dropped and late frame. Hard to say if it's better than 55c in this respect, but possibly is. Haven't seen anything more than an individual dropped and late frame with at least a couple of minutes between where I think 55c would sometimes drop a group of 4 or 5. Might be an indication of the increased attention from the scheduler you noticed.
    At this stage I'll stick with ''v0076a_no_DWM' as best

Strange how DWM works well for some and not others. Different display drivers creating different behaviour in the window manager perhaps?

webs0r

Portal Member
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    v0076a_no_DWM is working well for me.
    Part_DWM I *suspect* will work well as well.

I kept having random judder - but it seems to have been caused by the MP Audiorenderer?? As going back to Reclock has made everything pretty darn smooth. Nearly as good as ar-jar's original in MPC-HC, or madVR. Yay. Thankyou!!

(tested on ATI5670, 23.9 @ 24fps/24Hz and 29.97 @ 30fps/60 Hzt)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom