[solved] MP1 no longer connects to TV Server (1 Viewer)

Neoculture

Portal Pro
November 20, 2011
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
It never rains but it pours.
All of a sudden MP1 refuses to connect to the TV service (which is on the same PC) and comes up with "unable to connect to the TV-Server" "unable to connect to database" "all ip ports seem to be fine" messages on the screen.

Here's the thing:
  • I use a HDHomeRun device and the HDHomeRun software has no problems connecting to it (I watch TV via that software last night since MediaPortal wouldn't do it).
  • TV-Server Configuration has no problems connecting to the HD HomeRun (it recognises it without problems).
  • MediaPortal Configuration reports no problems when I hit the "Test Connection" button in the TV section.
  • ...But MediaPortal itself refuses to connect.

The MySQL and TVService services are running. I tried updating MP1 to MP1.30 but it didn't help.
I really don't want to have to re-install it all and have to reload a bazillion movie and TV media files into the databases. :(

Any clues for the clueless?

<edit> attaching log file

Attachments

• MP_Logs_HTPC_22_05_21_12_48.zip
    1.8 MB

Neoculture

Portal Pro
November 20, 2011
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
OK, so I took a deep dive in the logs myself (gotta start to learn sometime) and noticed an error about Gentle.config
Opened the file and it was full of NULLs. Not good for an XML file.
I found an old thread (gentle.config) which had some 11-years-old XML. On the off-chance that this could fix my problem, I cut-and-pasted it into Config.xml, crossed my fingers, and restarted MediaPortal. The TV section paused for a few seconds when selected... but came back to life!

Problem solved! (for now - why did that file go bye-bye in the first place?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom