MP1 not entering standby (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I have some minor issues with MP1 not entering standby.
    • Windows itself, with MP stopped, is correctly entering standby as defined in the energy settings
    • MP1 with the PS option "Force standby" will enter S3 as desired
    However, if set PS to let Windows handle standby then the PC won't shut off. The only strange thing that I see in the log is

[2015-11-23 17:28:41,837] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: Cannot signal client activity to remote TvServer: Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden.

I am not sure why it says that the "connection with the remote serve cannot be established" since I can watch TV, etc.

Any idea? I woudl like to let Windows handle the energy processes in order to not mess with the automatic nightly backup process.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am not sure why it says that the "connection with the remote serve cannot be established" since I can watch TV, etc.
    AFAIK PowerScheduler uses its own remoting connection, so the fact that you can watch TV is not really relevant (different connections).

Using firewalls on client or server?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I do, on both sides. Would you know which port(s) need to be open foir the PS communication? That said, the problem may be elsewhere: if I allow the PS to force the PC into S3, the machine enters standby. However, if on top of that I set a network activity limit (e.g. 80 kB/s), the log says that standby is prevented - despite of no network activity on this particular machine. But who knows, maybe Win10 is constantly calling home

I need to do more research around the network settings and monitor the activity.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Switching off the firewall on the server side allows full communication between client and server:
    [2015-11-24 06:30:30,347] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: Signal client activity to the remote TvServer
    However, opening ports 31457 and 31458 in the existing rules is not enough, the communication problem is then still there. What I did was to expand the existing incoming rule to include 31457 and 31458. Do we also need an outbound rule?

Note that this does not change anything to MP not entering standby if handled by Windows. Again, with MP not running, the PC enters standby as expected after the predefined time. So something within MediaPortal makes Windows believe that it is not idle - could this be a skin problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom