MP1 Plugin NuGet Packages Out-Of-Date (1 Viewer)

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Finally started developing a new MediaPortal plugin using the NuGet packages, MediaPortal.MP1.Plugin & MediaPortal.TvEngine3.Plugin but unfortunately, having done an initial compile of my plugin it appears that it is incompatible with the latest versions of MediaPortal, or at least the one I have installed, version 1.21.

I've used the contact form on the NuGet website to send a message to the packages owner, with a username of Slion, to ask about getting the packages updated but I also wanted to post here to ask if anyone has access and the ability to perform this update?

As always, any input from anyone would be appreciated.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    @JJDoherty
    i think this nugetpackage are only provided for person who don't have MP1 installed,
    you can clone MP1 git, and build files and mappe to this one inside your plugins, or mappe to your MP1 installed version in %programfiles%

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    ... you can clone MP1 git, and build files and mappe to this one inside your plugins, or mappe to your MP1 installed version in...

Thank you for the response @azzuro.

I do appreciate what you are suggesting, although the %programfiles% location does not contain all the required DLL's for building a plugin, from what I can see but yes, building the MP1 source should provide me with everything I need. Equally though having a NuGet repository package can make the process much less cumbersome and easier to use, especially when engaged in this type of development, I think...

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    do appreciate what you are suggesting, although the %programfiles% location does not contain all the required DLL's for building a plugin, from what I can see but yes, building the MP1 source should provide me with everything I need. Equally though having a NuGet repository package can make the process much less cumbersome and easier to use, especially when engaged in this type of development, I think..
    what you can do,
    take MP1 installer, and unzip it ( Client and Tvserver), you will found all the dll needed, without install or build anything.

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    @JJDoherty
    ...you can clone MP1 git, and build files and mappe to this one inside your plugins...

Just on this, building MP1, I've struggling with the setup of the development environment. My development envronment is Windows 10, VS 2017 Community Edition. Is the Wiki build prerequisites described here much changed for this environment?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Build mp1 on vs2017 is not easy. Mp1 support vs2015.
    The sdk must be 8.1 max, sdk10 doesn't work for me.
    But you can build with ms build.

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Build mp1 on vs2017 is not easy. Mp1 support vs2015.
    The sdk must be 8.1 max, sdk10 doesn't work for me.
    But you can build with ms build.

That's a shame. We should really move to VS2019. I find the compile time much improved especially for C++ projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom